Wholesale Accounts...

I live in Illinois and am interested in selling my products (candles, ornies, tarts) wholesale. Can anyone provide some information on marketing tactics, informational websites etc??? Would anyone be interested in buying my products to incorporate with their existing product line????

p.s. Has anyone had an experience with www.godaddy.com?

Thanks for the input.

They have a tutorial here: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21339 with some good information.

THere are a lot of trade/wholesale/gift shows especially in St. Louis and Collinsville or Belleville area. If you are serious about wholesaling, you may want to do one of these shows. They are pricey, but you can get some good business from them

Regarding GoDaddy....no experience here. I would rather pay and own my own website. JMHO

Best of luck to ya.

Good Grief, you were just starting to make candles a couple of weeks ago and hadn't even figured out who suppliers were. Now you want to sell? To people who make their own candles? You've got to be kidding.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55105

Slow down. You've got a long way to go before you start selling.

www.StuffSunshineLikes.com

Awww... I remember the days when I first started and thought I'd have orders just rolling in.... without insurance or licensure and with my free website, shoddy pics, and untested products.

Then I woke up and decided I didn't want to be a failure, as I've not much business sense. Much less stressful to not worry about a business and do this for fun. Although I am much in awe of those of you who are successful at selling.

Awww... I remember the days when I first started and thought I'd have orders just rolling in.... without insurance or licensure and with my free website, shoddy pics, and untested products.

Then I woke up and decided I didn't want to be a failure, as I've not much business sense. Much less stressful to not worry about a business and do this for fun. Although I am much in awe of those of you who are successful at selling.

Having insurance, a website, tested products and great pics is still no guarantee that you will sell any candles.

Very true Meredith,,, it takes years to build a business, unfortuantely, it doesn't happen overnight, no matter how prepared one is. I sure wish it had, when I started.

I wholesale alot of product. Almost all wholesalers ask how long I have been in business, want complete brochures and pricing, will ask for other places you wholesale as references in supply and demand type of thing and definately will not buy my products unless I'm insured as the manufacturer.

I wish you luck in your endeavor candlesinIL, but I'm afraid one month is no where near enough time to test and produce a well made product. For instance, we made ornies for months before we sold them. Why.... so we could tell the customers how long they will last,, and so we could test them and see how long the shelf life was in our packaging. Same thing with candles. After a month or so, candles could turn colors and do funky looking things. You may want to use an additive so that doesn't happen. Otherwise your wholesale customers won't be happy with products that turn colors, yellow or change their appearance sitting on a shelf for a couple months and in all likelihood, not buy from you again. Unfortunately the only way to test those things, are to test them yourself, before selling, and this takes months. We don't buy FO's, pour them and sell them right away, we test them, because an FO recommended by someone may not work or perform as well for another in their particular wax or product use. I have been a chandler for over 20 years,,,,all good things comes with time. :)

HTH"s....