Soapies

Scented

OK it's been awhile since I've made much, but it wasn't bad getting back into it.

First up is Appletini for the FOH swap. Just need to package it. The scent hasn't faded and the bars feel hard. Shame the Japanese Pear & Ginseng is just mushy (not as much as the past few weeks. No zap, but who wants mushy.)

[ATTACH]12571[/ATTACH]

Next up is this nice creamy white, unscented soap with 24K gold toothpick-swished through the soap. (I sure wish soap got hard faster though.) New recipe and at the rate things aren't getting hard, may not have to worry about it lol.

[ATTACH]12575[/ATTACH]

Have someone wanting eucalyptus spearmint, so pulled out my bottle from FOH. Now the site notes say no A or D, but I got a lot of A with room temps. Not really sure I'm ga ga over the colors either. These are looks at the ends, since I can't get the sides to give way just yet.

post-23-139458431419_thumb.jpg

And last, tried Pure Seduction and didn't even get close to the colors I wanted. I'm starting to think I'm not made to get along with SS. :rolleyes2 It's the first soap I'm trying not to let gel. Hadn't planned on doing that, but since it didn't want to be wrapped, well what alternative did I have? Tried to pretty it up with some of that 24K gold mica too. Not sure that's going to stick that well in this soap though.

[ATTACH]12574[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458431415_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458431417_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458431447_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458431449_thumb.jpg

I love the colors you got and the textures. I can never get good textures on the tops of my soaps. HITH do you do that? Grumpy sent a soap for the CT swap that had the best looking top too. I just love that visual texture. I just want some more texture to the tops my soap dammit and they just won't come out this way.

Oh and that Appletini sounds really scrumptious. Slurrpppppp!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see these babies cut.

W:shocked2:W Julie !!!! LUV LUV LUV them ALL!!!!

The textures are AWESOME!!!! The coloring and swirling on the Eucalyptus Spearmint is so cool. I know the coloring on the last bar (Pure Seduction) isn't what you wanted (which I HATE when that happens) but its so soft and pretty just the same.

:thumbsup: for all these soapies!!!

I love the colors you got and the textures. I can never get good textures on the tops of my soaps. HITH do you do that?

Hmmm, luck? Seriously though, appletini was using a small spatula and drawing a series of figure 8s through the batter, but had to wait for it to set up more, so it would take.

The unscented, I tried to get to a medium trace and that texture is actually just the wisps of the toothpick.

On the Euc. Spearmint top, well it was natural. By the time I got any blue and yellow in it, it was already at a thick trace.

Well, the last may not be what you wanted but its absolutrly gorgeous. I hope the sparkle sticks. Cant wait to see all of these cut. Love the textured tops.

At the rate they're going it may take an eternity for them to harden, except for that Euc Spearmint, which may never come out of the mold (bugger!)

Not being a soaper I don't know much about the process but I do know your soaps are always a pleasure to look at. I'm first in the queue for smell-o-vision then I can drool over the fragrance too.

Sally

Very cool top on the Appletini!

What color were you going for on the pure seduction? You're high....lol...I think it's perfect! I've been wanting to soap this one and am wondering how it behaved on ya? Looks like it gave you some time to play. BTW, did you get yours from MMS?

Thanks again all!

Very cool top on the Appletini!

What color were you going for on the pure seduction? You're high....lol...I think it's perfect! I've been wanting to soap this one and am wondering how it behaved on ya? Looks like it gave you some time to play. BTW, did you get yours from MMS?

ROFLMAO!! Yep I am, stoned on humidity :laugh2:

It's Lonestar's. I had all the time in the world to play. I was going for pink and a pinkish purple kinda color. I think this just looks dainty and not flirting lol.

Beautiful - love the textures. It almost seems a shame to cut them; I want to stroke them like a cat. :embarasse :drool:

I could have used a spew warning on that lol. Wasn't a shame to cut the euc/spearmint at all. If you stroked it, you would have gotten soft soap till I froze the loaf (which like a dork, I tried to cut right away.)