gel Beer candle?

citygrl707

I use either a soy or paraffin or combo for the foam. Just depends on what's handy. I melt the wax, let it cool till it forms a "skin" and take a whisk and whip it till it gets fluffy. Then pour it on the top. You have to be quick to get it right because it cools fast.

I'm not certain, but I think there's a thread on doing this in this section.

Thanks for finding the thread, Vicky. I was exiting the other night and didn't have time to look the other night.

Good luck with this, citygrl707. They really are easy to make and VERY realistic up close. I took several to a festival, and they sure attracted a lot of people. Wish I had taken more because I sold all of them.

Here is a pic. of a beer candle that I did for a client. I hope this gives you an idea for making your own beer candle. Good Luck!

attachment.php?attachmentid=12559&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1185463503

You're all making me thirsty!!!!!!!! Just one question HeavenScentU, are the bottles actual beer? If so, love the name. That would tell my DH who's beer it is!!!!!!!!!! LOL:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Yes, the beer is sold in stores. The brewery contacted me to make these for them, so this was just a sample of what the product would look like. It was fun but a killer. They wanted 2000 cases of these. Yes 2000 cases. The cost was cut down because they had their own glasses that had their own logos. This was a fun project. I love the name too..

• 2 weeks later...
I color mine with gold and a bit of brown for a more realistic color. If you're selling them try scenting with beer scent. It smells aweful, but the customers really like it. I sold out my last batch but still had the sea breeze ones left.

Where did you get your beer scent. I bought some, have to check who from, but it smelled nothing like beer, didn't even smell awful.

• 3 weeks later...