Can you stand one more WHEE! from me?

daniedb

I got the green light from my CFO to get a new laser printer! I'm SO EXCITED! No more trips to Kinko's every five minutes, wasting a zillion pieces of expensive-ass paper because the margins were wrong, or the copier jammed, etc, etc.

Check it:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=122185&cmArea=SEARCH

Annnnnnnnnnnnd....it'll be here on Wednesday, plus $20 off plus $100 rebate, plus free shipping...total after rebate was $311, can't beat that! WHEE!!!!!

I was going to get a printer like that, but opted for professional labels instead. Sometimes it is worth it. I can't even fathom sitting at the computer and making labels now.

Did you happen to look into professional labels? I couldn't help noticing that yours were clear and it made me think about asking you because my labels are clear too.

Jenny - every pro printer I checked into has a plate charge, a minimum order of about 100 labels, and I just don't need that right now. I can't afford to buy 100 of each of 30 labels, KWIM? Do you have any suggestions about pro printers that are more affordable?

I would LOVE to have them pro printed, I just couldn't find anything I can afford at this stage. One of the printers in my area suggested thermal transfer, know anything about that?

I honestly don't know too much about labels, but the lady that I went through did. Yes, I did get quite a few...but I thought of it as an investment and wouldn't you know it, my labels cost about .004 each. Yeah, you have to actually get 4 labels together to make a penny!

There are quite a few people I was dealing with at the time and I would be happy to send share information with you!

That the printer I've got - well, I've got the networked version cuz we hang it on our network, but it's a workhorse. Haven't had to buy toner yet, I'm only at 50% usage and it will last quite a while longer. Ours has one little flaw on the drum that I haven't worked out yet, I've got a light stripe running down one side of the paper, but mostly I can work around that so it doesn't show.

Have fun!