Wine Glass Candles

has anyone tried using wine glasses with the palm wax?????

I was thinking of the iilumination you get on the sides of the container when it burns! I got this picture/idea in my head as to how it would look! :grin2:

You know a romantic candle lit dinner with these candles .....that would be awesome! Just wondering!:whistle: (that is all I need.....another idea! I will have to ask God for more time in the day! :laugh2: )

I just found 5.75 ounce Nuance Champagne Fluteif(document.referrer!=""){document.write(" [back]")} glasses at my local grocery store for .49 cents (on sale. org. $1) and plan to test it out to see how they turn out. I use EZSOY and plan to incorporate coconut oil per a previous thread discussion earlier that I just purchased from Super Walmart.

My wife is in a wedding in October and I'm thinking of buying a bunch of these for the reception to put on the table along with tarts to dress up the tables a little for dinner....

Any recommendations on what else to do for this? We are doing it as a favor to try and reduce some costs for her wedding plus I think that she will like it!

thoughts?

We made a couple of these early on and they worked out fine and looked VERY pretty. We chose not to add them to our product line because wine glasses are not manufactured to have candles burned in them. We just didn't want to take the chance on the glass cracking or shattering. HTH :)

We made a couple of these early on and they worked out fine and looked VERY pretty. We chose not to add them to our product line because wine glasses are not manufactured to have candles burned in them. We just didn't want to take the chance on the glass cracking or shattering. HTH :)

Why not? I have tested several wine glasses and have never had a problem. I thought someone had told me that if it is dishwasher safe then most likely it would be okay for a candle.

There are special heat-safe wineglasses you can get for candlemaking. Two years ago, I ordered 1/2 a dozen from a no-name supplier that were specially formulated glass to withstand the heat from a wick. I still have a few of the glasses, and re-made candles for myself in them a few times. Havent had a crack yet, but I never make a re-used container candle for anyone except myself.