Lotion Labels

Brenda

Since I've been experimenting with creams, and now lotions, in my summer drive to get a handle on this particular product, I've had to come up with a label for the 8 ounce bottles I had on hand "forever". Here's a couple lotions made from the same recipe but subbing oils. So far I like the lotion's feel. Raspberry seed oil feels silky!

I've pretty much decided to stick with the flower theme for my label pics for continuity's sake. I don't have a goal of having the flower match the scent; I'd like them to provide a decent background for the labels with a little variety. Here's a quick picture of the two I've completed that are ready to go to testers.

bottled_lotions.jpg

I'm looking for feedback on these labels. I know the picture is :embarasse. Contact info and ingredients are on the left and right edges of the labels.

Thanks for looking!

:) Thanks, LaVida! What I was curious to know about these labels was this: If you saw this product in a store would the label draw you to it, or send you running in the opposite direction? Also, sometimes the objective observer can see and note something that I couldn't in the label (errors, font issues, etc.) I do appreciate your comment.

(About the whipped soap. It has gone the way of the dinosaurs. :sad2: While I enjoyed making it, almost all of the people who used it commented that they loved the feel of the lather and the lightness of the bar...BUT also made the observation that the bar disintegrates too soon. So, I stopped making it since I don't really market to children at all and I think that is the niche for this item (at least around here.) It is a cool novelty and I really did enjoy playing with it, but it doesn't sell for me. I still have some bars I saved, but the majority of it got the old heave-ho!)

ok, I know what you mean. I have made whipped soap for cake topping and that's it.

Ok, your label. I love your labeling and I would stop by to see it. I, however, do think that the label could be a little longer. Maybe if you made a circle label it would be pretty.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments everyone!

I see what you mean about the placement of the label. I'll try moving them down a bit. Perhaps that would help the bottle not look too bare on the front. I'm trying use labels I have in order to avoid purchasing yet another size label! :shocked2: - Or having a front, then a back label. (I don't like seeing the ingredient listing on the front of the label.)

I see the weight on the left bottle is too close to the bottom edge as well.

I love the beautiful pastel label and because I'm a flower freak, anything that is tastefully done with flowers will catch my eye. If I were to change anything it would be the wording. It would read:

Briar Lane

Monoi & Sesame

Soothing hand and Body lotion

Briar Lane

soothing hand & body lotion

with

Raspberry Seed Oil

I didn't spend a lot of time on that and I'm sure you can come up with something better than my example but that's it for me:grin2:

Keep up the good work!:rockon:

Brenda, I think your labels are adorable. I like them just the way they are! It IS very eye catching, really caught MY eye....IMO, I think all your products look VERY ELEGANT.... and yes... this product would catch my attention in a store by SIGHT alone, and I'd probably buy it. Presentation is EVERYTHING to me. First impression means alot. Some people will judge your products just by the packaging. I've learned that in my experience. I've seen some crappy products at craft shows, etc... but I've noticed if the packaging is good... people WILL buy it. Just my opinion.

But they look fantastic! When I look at it.... I think of "Spring". And in the famous words of Martha Stewart..... "That's a Good Thing". LOL :grin2:

:drool:

Wow, I'd love to try both lotions. And I'll say it again, your labels are simply lovely. Maybe if you want even more variety you could photoshop your master flower pics into different colors?

Jaybyrd.... I was just thinking the same thing! Changing the color of her flower pics to go with the scent.... EX: If she does an Autumn Scent...I'm picturing a yellow and orange tiger lily or some other kind of Autumn Color Flower... OOOhhh... LOL That really intrigues me because I love Autumn.