Water slide decal sealer?

Hi, am going to apply a water slide decal to a pillar candle, i have an inkjet printer so know i have a seal the paper before i put it in the water - i have got some clear acrylic spray to do this. But after i have applied it to the candle do i have to seal it and what with? When i did a search it mentioned a spray, the candle supplier i used in the U.K sold me a bottle of candle laquer which he said you use to seal it afterthe decal has been applied to the candle? It comes in a plastic bottle but is just a liquid not a spray, is this suitable and how do you use it, or is a spray best?

Thankyou

If you overdip the candle it seals the picture and keeps it looking like wax. I like the slightly opaque look of the wax over a picture. Otherwise, the picture just stands out as separate from the candle. I had a 5 gallon pail of glaze, that I left in Virginia, that was great for dipping. I didn't do it over pictures, but did it on candles that I wanted a glass like finish. It is fairly expensive to buy that much but it lasts for years. You only have to buy a little to add to the pail after many many many dippings. I bought mine from Pourette and since they are gone I don't know who sell that exact product. Before I found that, I just wiped on some Future Floor Wax. It gave a little shine and protection.

Donita

Thankyou everyone, it is just lettering i am going to put on a forever pillar for a friends wedding, so i might just try to laquer for this one. As wouldnt it be difficult to overdip a forever pillar with a votive holder in the top?

Thankyou everyone, it is just lettering i am going to put on a forever pillar for a friends wedding, so i might just try to laquer for this one. As wouldnt it be difficult to overdip a forever pillar with a votive holder in the top?

Victoria, I overdipped my forever pillars, I just stuck my fingers in the votive and made sure I only dipped level with the top.

Think I'm going to make do with normal paper for now. See how it goes. I've got transparency paper, but the print ran :(

I thought you could spray it with the same acrylic spray that you use on the paper before it goes in the water???

That would be so much easier if you could, i have got a clear acrylic spray to seal the paper before it goes into the water, can anyone confirm that you can use this? :yay:

Going to try and make one this afternoon, as soon as my dad gets home with the weight he got someone to make for me at work, that i can put on top of the votive glass and remove once its set up a bit :yay:

ooh hang on a minute, are you making a forever pillar with a decal/writing on the side? sorry thought it was a normal pillar.

I tried one, used normal paper with a poem on it, and overdipped, didn't come out well enough.

Going to give it another try though