My wax melts

suzanneg

I was thinking the same thing!

Looks like palm, and if it is thats a fantastic idea. Would cost a butt load to make but they look good! What kind of retail are you going to set them at?

Bruce

yes that is palm wax and I sell 8 of those for $6.99

and actually the cost is not that high to make them! Each one wieghs just over an ounce and I was afraid the bag wouldn't hold that many!

As a matter of fact, when I added these to my shoppe they sold out quicker than my candles! :laugh2:

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much! I am a palm wax addict now! LOL

has anyone geussed what mold I used to make these??????? :laugh2:

The one on the left kind of looks like an ice cube tray - but more angular.. and smaller.

The right one looks really oval...thinking ... t h i n k i n g ... all right already I give up!

:rolleyes2 And when I find out I think it may be one of those "DUH - why didn't I think of that?" moments.

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!! They do so fantastic in the simmerpots!!!!

Okay a little history on the mold I used! :laugh2:

One dreary cloudy morning, I cranked up one of my melting pots on my stove and thought it was my palm container one. Well it was my palm pillar one :rolleyes2 So since I was in the kitchen at the time (my molds I use for left overs was downstairs), so I started looking for something I could pour the wax into but I could replace later on! I opened the last cabinet and waaalaaaaaa one of my ice cube trays!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2: I am thinking "Man this wax is gonna melt this tray and I woould have a big huge mess!!!!!! So I watched it til it started to cure and felt that it was gonna be okay, so I ran out to TARGET and bought all of

their 2 for $1.00 Ice cube trays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLLOL One for each scent!!

Then I went to WALLY WORLD and bought me 2 presto pots and have used them ever since and they are wonderful!!!!!! Since I dont' have a stove downstairs I needed something i could heat the wax in and reading the posts on those pots I ran out and bought the last 2 they had on the shelf!!!!! :laugh2:

I'm gonna try to use some ice trays as well. I found out today that palm doesn't like silicon too much. It comes out easy, but leaves the mold a mess. What kind of palm are you using? I tried some container frost palm and it worked well.

I'm gonna try to use some ice trays as well. I found out today that palm doesn't like silicon too much. It comes out easy, but leaves the mold a mess. What kind of palm are you using? I tried some container frost palm and it worked well.

Hi Tryppnotic I wouldn't use frost container wax in silicone molds! You need a pillar palm wax for those molds! that is why it left a mess in your molds

Great job. I wont use anything else but palm for tarts. So easy to pop out and no need for freezer to get them out. Love it and so do my customers.

dcroome, I think the palm wax gives off a better scent throw cold and hot!

That is what my customers tell me! and that the scent goes everywhere in the house when they are burning them!

... So I watched it til it started to cure and felt that it was gonna be okay, so I ran out to TARGET and bought all of

their 2 for $1.00 Ice cube trays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLLOL One for each scent!!

I've poured in Ice Cube Trays before - but mine were more square and chunky. And I loved the look of yours so I ran out to Target but no 2/$1 trays there. :( The ones they did have looked like the same shape but were $1.49 each! They are white and made by Sterilite...is that what you got? The local Dollar Store carries that brand so if it is the same I may be able to pick up some there!

I only sell at the base craft fair twice a year and at a small shop in town. Been to your site and will try to stop at the store the next time I have to go to the VA!

I think they are the perfect size. Congrats on the packaging, too!

TYIA

I've poured in Ice Cube Trays before - but mine were more square and chunky. And I loved the look of yours so I ran out to Target but no 2/$1 trays there. :( The ones they did have looked like the same shape but were $1.49 each! They are white and made by Sterilite...is that what you got? The local Dollar Store carries that brand so if it is the same I may be able to pick up some there!

I only sell at the base craft fair twice a year and at a small shop in town. Been to your site and will try to stop at the store the next time I have to go to the VA!

I think they are the perfect size. Congrats on the packaging, too!

TYIA

Thank you Judy! no I didn't get the Sterilites ones $1.49 each was too much!