Gonna try some Pillars today!

Okay everyone, after seeing the palm pillar pics and reading on the advise and comments...... I am gonna try my hand at pillars with my starburst palm wax!!! I used the starburst for my votives and their came out awesome!!!

My wax order comes in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

I have the metal 3 inch diameter with 3 or 4 height sizes with a concave top....... which one should I try first.... the shortest one????? :laugh2: so if I make a mistake I won't be wasting any wax!!!!!!! :highfive: but then again I can remelt it!!! duhhhhhhhhh :laugh2:

So any advise or comments is greatly appreciated! plus some encouragement!!!! I need it really bad! Especially today!!!!!

PS Actually... I am in a foul mood cause an ex-friend took a picture in my gift shoppe of my incense sticks and has it on her business website and she DID NOT have permission! Well my attorney contacted her and her webhosting company.

I have the metal 3 inch diameter with 3 or 4 height sizes with a concave top....... which one should I try first.... the shortest one????? :laugh2: so if I make a mistake I won't be wasting any wax!!!!!!! :highfive: but then again I can remelt it!!! duhhhhhhhhh :laugh2:

So any advise or comments is greatly appreciated! plus some encouragement!!!! I need it really bad! Especially today!!!!!

When I started making/testing pillars, I started with the shortest ones. Now I wish I had started with the taller ones. Reason being, I have tested over 75 fragrances in the shortest pillar molds, and now have to test again for the taller pillar molds. Pillars have to be tested completely; from top to bottom, to make sure they burn properly (do not spill over; do not blowout; the wick doesn't fizzle out, and the list goes on). If I had started with the tallest pillar mold, I would not have to test the shorter ones since they would have already been tested using the tallest pillar mold. Now I will be using even more product since I have to test the taller pillars to make sure they will burn properly from top to bottom.

How do I know this you ask? I poured one fragrance in the tallest pillar mold; used the same wick I put in the shortest pillar mold, and guess what? There were times during the burn that the wick did not perform properly. So, my advice would be to start with the tallest pillar mold. This will save you time and money in the long run. HTH

Thanks everyone! Now waiting on this palm wax to cure!!!! LOL it is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!

I will send in pics of before and after burn time too!

Yes I am excited cause the posts and pics I have seen and read have been so inspiring and beautiful!!!!!!!! I have an idea for the embossing look thingy and have to find my tools and try it!!!!!!!! I hope it works out and that I can get the picture in my head to make the candles look like it! (did that make sense?:laugh2: )

thanks! You guys are the best! (or the bomb as my son says!!!! :grin2: )