Soap Sponges/spongables

maryann

Has anyone tried making these? I picked one up in Walmart awhile ago and thought it was a neat idea, its called Spongables. Do I take melted M&P and let the sponge soak it all up? :confused:

yeah.. did you get sea sponge or regular sponges? I am now seeing thr regular sponges cut into shapes..

I put the sponge in a deep container, I have sponge slightly damp, and pour the MP over..

That's exactly what I bought a heart (regular) sponge. Curious why you dampen the sponge and what are the drawbacks of this product? The directions say to rinse out the sponge when done, thought that was funny as you won't get many uses out of it doing that.

I see it is glycerin soap used. How many washes do you get out of it? Do they sell well for you and do you use any preservative w/ it? TIA for your help.

That's exactly what I bought a heart (regular) sponge. Curious why you dampen the sponge and what are the drawbacks of this product? The directions say to rinse out the sponge when done, thought that was funny as you won't get many uses out of it doing that.

I see it is glycerin soap used. How many washes do you get out of it? Do they sell well for you and do you use any preservative w/ it? TIA for your help.

I don't know how the regualr sponges do.. i first bought a soap infused sponge about 3 years ago.. I loved it... i didn't rinse it after use.. just squeezed excess out..i had one about 6-8" diameter and it lasted about a month.. I paid 10.00 for it. I don't use any preservatives..

if you throwthe soap on it dry it wil take longer.. and not really soak up as much soap as it does slightly damp..

I was toying with the idea of bringing these into my shop to sell so I bought 3 of them & had my MIL, my DH and me try them out and I got mixed reactions - but the result seemed the same.

MIL - Loved the lathering, but after a week it developed a stinky water funk & it got "real gooey and weird"

DH - Really liked that he didn't have to use soap and the lather was great. Also thought it got stinky, but didn't say anything about the gooey.

Me - At first I really liked the idea. They were really lathery, but I wanted to get all the lather out, so mine didn't really last at all. It had no soap in it after about the 5th day & was just a sponge after that. I get pretty paranoid about sponges, so I threw it out...

I guess the hardcore germaphobes & people who like to rinse things clean won't be interested in these, so I dropped the idea. Is a cool idea though and I bet they are making some good money on them.