Wicking 11 oz Tureen jar

Has anyone been successful in wicking this jar. I am using C-3 soy and wicked with a HTP 105. It does not completely burn clean. I have only tested it once for 3 hours. It has a 3.25 opening and a little larger thru the middle.

Any suggestions? Please???

Thanks

Pam

I too have an 11 oz tureen, MC soy and the 105 did not clean. Even tried the RRD55, same thing. I am going to try double wicking next. With the HTP wicks, you have three more sizes up to go, and I am hesitant to use bigger single wick for that. Maybe someone else has good luck with it??

It will take a while once it hits the larger area at the bottom of the jar, but it works - like all wide jars it will take longer to get a full MP with one wick, but it will get there and two wicks in the top of that jar could get WAY too hot. I have wicked almost 2 pallets of these jars this way for fundraisers and they work like a charm ~ Abbie:-)

I have had two test burns on my double wicked candle. I used two HTP 52s. The first burn did well and went all the way around in 3 hrs. The 2nd test it took 5 hours to completely burn across. I have only done 1 test burn on the HTP 1212. It also took 3 hours to burn all around but it had a big...mushroom! I will let you know how the 1212 does on the 2nd test burn. I am axious to try the 1312.

Thanks

Hi,

I use Calsoy CB-3 and I have also used Naturewax C-3. I always double wick my tureens. I usually can use two RRD-37's or 34's and sometimes two RRD-40's -- depending on the fragrance and how much fragrance. I actually just poured a C-3 candle tonight in the tureen to see if I can get a scent throw with a pumpkin scent as well as I get with the CB-3 Calsoy. I may need to use the C-3 soy in these very large pumpkin jars I got instead of the CB-3 Calsoy. The C-3 soy tends to burn faster than the Calsoy CB-3 -- for me in my jars anyway. I put in two RRD-40's (guessed at this) in the C-3 tureen with the pumpkin scent. I will test it soon.

~Holly

[ATTACH]2121[/ATTACH]Hi, this tureen jars is really hard to wick because of the roundish shape in the middle, so no matter how you single wick it will never have a full mp. So what I did was double wick (no choice!!) using 2 x CD6 and it worked, the sides were really clean, having a full mp in 4 hours.:smiley2:

thta's my latest Tureen jar, this is in fact only 8oz.

JIMO..HTH*****

~M

post-486-139458382548_thumb.jpg