Just poured some Palm wax.....

I got a sample of the glow wax from Morris wax and also bought samples of icicle palm container, IGI 6010 vege crystal container and starburst pillar wax from Morris's sister company DPSwax. I poured testers using the glow and icicle container palm. I will post pics as soon as I can make my images smaller (working on my laptop right now). I guessed on starting wick size because even with researching I did not find much with the wicks I have.

I liked how the glow wax set up a lot better than the icicle. The icicle pulled away from the jars so on my second pour it creeped down the sides of the containers. Glow wax did not. I also made one tester without doing a repour with the glow wax.

all were made with 0.5 oz FO to 8 oz wax.

With the GLOW WAX I made two testers using 11 oz tureens.

One with Pink Sugar from Peak's using (2) LX-16's.

One with Country Berry Hotcakes from BCN using (2) HTP 93's.

With the icicle container palm I made 3 testers

One in the 11 oz tureen using HTP 93's (2) CBH from BCN.

One in an 8 oz square mason using Eco 10 and Birds of Paradise from BCS.

One in a 12 oz salsa using (2) HTP 62's.

We will see what happens. I will post pics before I burn and while I am burning if I can. I will keep the post updated on these wicks. Does anybody have any input on the size wicks, (sound too big, too small).

Tureens are about 3-3/4 inches at widest.

Mason is 3 inches from corner to corner

12 oz salsa is a little under 3 inches.

www.morriswax.com

Also the cold throw is so much better with the glow wax than their icicle container palm. The glow wax set up so much better too. I had craters in the icicle even with a second pour. But this is my first pours on palm so I still got to get the pouring down right. Will post on the burns. Hopefully I can get some pictures first.

Here are a couple of pictures from my first burn. This one is the glow wax scented Country Berry Hotcakes using (2) HTP-93's. this is after a seven hour first burn. I still have hang up on one side. I thought these were going to be too big for this jar but it looks like I may need to go up one size. but I am going to burn it all the way to the end and see what happens. After all it was my first burn. I do have pics before the burns but they are at home. I did these from my cell phone so I am sorry the pictures aren't of great quality.

The Lx 16's are too small. I am actually on my third burn on this one but it is leaving a big shell. but I will continue to burn this one too. I will post pics of that one later.

What do you guys think?

Kandlekrazy, thanks for posting that site too. I knew there was another one that had it and couldn't remember. I will have to keep them in mind because I only had one small 1 lb sample bag of the glass glow and am now out. I want to test some more so I may buy a five pound bag from them.

post-892-139458430289_thumb.jpg

post-892-139458430292_thumb.jpg

they look good to me!!!!!!!!! I would do a 2nd 3rd and so on burn to see if the hang up will melt too! Mine did but I had very very very little hang up!

Your melt pool after cooling down looks awesome! To me it does! Anyone else???

The only problem I have is that it was a 7 hour burn. I actually did not see it after three to four hours because I had to leave and go to school and the girls at the office continued burning it. I am going to continue burning though. I need to order some more of the glow wax and test some more. I really love this wax and the cold throw is AWESOME. The hot throw is AWESOME but I have only tested two fragrances since I only had a 1 lb sample.

they look good to me!!!!!!!!! I would do a 2nd 3rd and so on burn to see if the hang up will melt too! Mine did but I had very very very little hang up!

Your melt pool after cooling down looks awesome! To me it does! Anyone else???

I'm so glad you posted this because I thought they looked pretty darn good. I'm thinking to myself, oh gosh I hope my first ones burn that good...can't wait!!

Here are the pictures of Pink Sugar. These are poured with Glass Glow and wicked with (2) LX-16's. The wicks are too small but I had nice flames. You might not be able to see it in the picture but there is a lot of wax left on the sides and I am at the bottom of the container already. It may burn for about 4-5 more hours but not sure. I have only gotten about 17 hours burn time too. But it is not wicked right so that may change. this is an 11 oz tureen and I poured about 8 oz of wax.

shouldn't I be getting at least 50-60 hours burn time. The picture does not do the color justice. this is a very hot pink candle. It is gorgeous in the Glow Wax.

post-892-1394584308_thumb.jpg

post-892-139458430804_thumb.jpg