cygnet water boiler, for those in the UK

does anyone use one of these?

I'm being 'gifted' one of the following:

Cygnet water boiler with special insert for candle making. This is a large appliance capable of making approx 100 candles at a time.

Just wondered what the logistics were of using one and how big something thats holds upto 100 candles worth of wax will be ;)

well, picked up the candle boiler.

Theres no serial number, but I've looked on the cygnet site and its the same as the 18 litre one.

It has a large aluminium or metal bucket that fits flush inside. You use the water to melt the wax inside the bucket.

However, then you have to get it out with a jug and i'm used to having everything ready mixed in my jugs ;)

It will definately be good for making orbs/balloon candles though and a dipping tank, but its massive, don't think I'd be able to get enough 5055 to more than half fill it.

It would be great for someone thats pouring lots and lots of candles at once though. The woman I got it off says it holds enough wax for 100 candles. The bucket measures 12 inches across and is 13 inches deep, now thats a lot of wax!

if you search for cygnet water boiler theres a few companies selling them, cost about £90 new. Not sure where the lady got the insert from though, it fits perfectly, so must be an actual accessorie of some sort.

To use it, I'm going to need however much wax it takes for fill something 12 inches wide upto about 10 inches and for now would probably use it just for my balloon orbs.

Only problem with it, is you have to take the wax out with a jug. You could I suppose mix the colour and fo in there, but will be a minx to clean out.

You can't actually pour it out through the tap you see, with it being an insert, like you do a presto pot.

Its basically a very large water boiler (that they use at church fetes) with a large metal bucket lol

will take a piccie later and show you the set up :)

This is the boiler with the insert inside

boiler.jpg

And this is the insert.

boilerinsert.jpg

I've worked out as the insert is 12inch across and I'd need about 10inch of wax for my large balloons, I'm going to need 36lbs of wax!! Can't afford that much 5055 (if I can get it) for a long time :(

Dunno whether to keep it or not.