Checklist for starting a candle business???

I am looking at starting a candle business and would like to know some of the Have To's to get going. I know I still need insurance and to register my name. Where do I go to do this? If I have a name for a candle that is not being used, like my own made up name, should I or could I register it? Any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!:)

Just call your local state tax commission and get set up with a tax id number first of all. Also check with your city and see if you need a business license. In my case, my city is small and they don't require one, but some areas require one and it is only $50.00 to get licensed, in my area anyway. I highly recommend talking with the small business association to see what other requirements you need. I also had to have the fire marshall visit to make sure I was operating safely and had the necessary equipment to put out a wax fire, because water won't put out a wax fire. Having the proper fire extinguishers is extremely important. I know I have had one good friend burn her arms, face, and legs because she didn't know how to put out a wax fire. On top of it her homeowners insurance didn't cover her home and dropped her. She still can't get homeowners insurance because she was operating a candle business in her home and the insurance company wasn't aware of it. It has cost her dearly....

The fire marshall recommends the ABC extinguisher for Dry chemicals. I have 3 of them. I can't remember how much they cost but the letters stand for something. A- trash-wood-paper B- liquids C- electrical equipment. The small extinguishers won't work. If you have a fire and the fire dept. has your card on file they know that it could possibly be a wax fire which needs the foam stuff to put it out. If they don't know about the wax than it could cause more damage because they won't be able to put it out. So that is something to consider.