Help with company name

kw2703

I am eventually going to branch out and start a small business selling my candles. I have started brainstorming and came up with a few names. A little background...I'd like to somehow incorporate my mom who passed away 4 years ago. She passed away on St. Patrick's Day and although that is a bad day for everyone, I thought maybe I could somehow incorporate the 4 leaf clover or something along those lines. I came up with the name "Lucky Star Candles", but am afraid that is too juvenile sounding. I'd like to keep the name simple and easy to remember, but cannot think of anything else. Does this name sound too juvenile? What are your first thoughts when you hear it? Does anyone have any other suggestions? My family suggested "Angel Star Candles", but I'm afraid that may be too religious to appeal to everyone. Any critiques/suggestions are welcomed.

I like Luck Star Candles. However it looks like someone else is using it already.

If you do a google search for "Lucky Star Candles" you'll see it. It's the first listing. Looks like they sell on ebay and have a website as well.

I did a search and a dog rescue came up first. I searched the domain and LuckyStarCandles.com is taken but they said the site is inactive. I don't know if I need to relate my name to my "theme". I am going to go for the sleek and modern look with my jars and tags, etc. I am just not really sure where to start to find a name that is catchy and not too tacky, but still has meaning. I was thinking of somehow incorporating a 4 leaf clover or using the word clover somewhere. This is probably the most difficult part for me, besides the wicking!

I don't think it's juvenile, but it doesn't really say St. Patrick's Day to me. I thought instantly of:

Pot of Gold Candles (or Candle Company)

Leprechaun Candles (or Candle Company)

End of the Rainbow Candles (or Candle Company)

Pot of Gold is good-says St. Patrick's day and implies something special in the container....

I love the brainstorming for names, but you do have lots of time. You will probably spend months initially testing differenct scents, waxes and wicks before you are ready to sell them (the testing never ends, though). It's a common thing - people get all excited about candles and want to run with them. You have to crawl first.

Definately give some more info to help the brainstorming - you Mom's name? Street? Hair color? I don't know. It doesn't hurt to start thinking. I know I changed my name 3 times before one "hit" me. And I've changed my logo once and label design 3 times.

The Irish Clover Candle Shoppe

OR

The Irish Clover

Handpoured Candles

Clover Hill Candles

Forever Clover Candles

Clover Reflections

Handpoured Candles

Clover Candle Connection

Just a few Ideas to keep Mom Always in your thoughts.

Maybe use your favorite memory of her and write down words that bring that to mind and see if something strikes you.

Maybe share that memory with us and we can help you brainstorm.

:grin2: