American Craft Council - Insurance

gmp

The contact info I have is Michael George. I don't know who Larry is. I called yesterday and left a message, hoping to have more info today.

Larry is the contact at Benefits Resource who handles insurance for craftspersons. If you call the company directly, Larry is the person you are referred to. It took a few days for him to get back with me. I do not know the name Michael George.

Larry Voith, CPCU

7150 Winton Drive South

Indianapolis, In., 46268

Phone: 317-328-4518

Toll Free: 888-258-6820

Fax: 317-328-4640

email: lvoith@benefitresourcing.net

this is who I went through. He was great, and got the lowest rate around. I feel confident that he got us everything that we needed for all of our products (Cards, candles, sunscreens, mosquito repellent, etc). Will definitely be recommending him to others, and thanks to whomever listed him here in the first place. You won't be sorry!:yay:

Larry Voith, CPCU

7150 Winton Drive South

Indianapolis, In., 46268

Phone: 317-328-4518

Toll Free: 888-258-6820

Fax: 317-328-4640

email: lvoith@benefitresourcing.net

this is who I went through. He was great, and got the lowest rate around. I feel confident that he got us everything that we needed for all of our products (Cards, candles, sunscreens, mosquito repellent, etc). Will definitely be recommending him to others, and thanks to whomever listed him here in the first place. You won't be sorry!

:yay:

Thanks, Mexitan, for the recommendation. Don't know if I was first but I did post Larry's info. Too good to keep it secret! I'm sure this is the company I will use when I'm ready.

GMP, good luck with your new venture!

How much are they charging for coverage?

$350 for one million in coverage, includes product liabililty, general business liability, and equipment and inventory coverage. A higher premium can get you more coverage if you want it.

Thank you! I hope their rates are good in CA.

I was quoted the same rates for Florida, and insurance situation does not get much worse in the United States, so you should be ok in California. Give Larry a call-he is very helpful.

• 2 months later...

I decided to go with the Indie Beauty Network Insurance - signed up today and already have received my insurance certificate via email. The policy will come via us mail. It was very easy and while a bit more expensive ($495yearly) than the American Craft Council, it also includes membership as well as additional coverages.

Brenda

Hmmm, that's odd that he has another email address, maybe that's why it was difficult getting info from him unless I called the company directly.

I thought it was strange also ... and when you go and put each company in as a website - it's 2 different companies from what I can tell.:confused:

• 1 year later...

I called the Craft Council and they gave me the number for AMJ Insurance which is 888-258-6820. They also said you would have to become a Craft Council member if you obtained insurance through AMJ. I called and got Larry Voith's voicemail for business insurance...I left a message last week and to date have not heard back...

Based on this, I'm think I'm sticking with Indie although I would love to find someone who was less expensive....

Also checked with my regular insurance carrier for Home and Auto, Liberty Mutual but they don't handle any kind of Product Liability Insur