ISO a really good foot soak?

Ashleigh

A good friend of the family has his own concrete company and has spent many years on his feet....he just turned 57 and can no longer even reach his feet (his knees are in really bad shape) but he is always saying how bad his feet hurt and a plain epsom salt soat doesnt do the job...

Anyone know what could be added to the epsom?

Or of a recipe that really works?

Thanks

Ashleigh

• 5 years later...

Bump....another of Kim's recipes...

My Foot Soak is

Epsom Salt

Coarse sea salt

Eucalyotus EO

Peppermint EO

Camphor

Tea Tree oil

just enough oil to make it wet....dont add oil so it floats on top. I use a mixture of Almond, Soy, oilive.

• 2 years later...

I copied this from my notes I had saved. I haven't tried it yet, so if anyone does please pay back the favor with reviews!

Foaming Foot Soak

25% Epson Salt

25% Dead Sea Salt

20% Baking Soda

15% SLSA

10% Citric acid

3% Menthol Crystals

1% Spearmint or Peppermint EO

1% Tea Tree EO

Mix everything except the citric, melt the menthol crystals and mix with EOs, then blend with dry ingredients, add citric last.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this in case anyone has any other suggestions, because my feet are atrociously dry and thick and scaly on the bottoms now.  I've got to start doing more soaks and pumice stoning.  I tried that Listerine and vinegar idea that was making the rounds a while back but it didn't work the miracles people were claiming. 

I keep thinking about that Asian feet thing where the little fishes nibble on you, but I don't see how that can possibly be all that clean!  I don't mind the fishes nibbling; it's the thought of them nibbling on other people and then on me!  I don't see how the salon can keep that water the fishes are in clean from previous customers' cooties to keep them from getting on me.

I wonder if applying thick moisturizing cream, then Saran wrap, then socks would help more than cream and socks without the plastic wrap?  My socks are just soaking up most of the moisturizer so it's not really able to help.

Edited by Darbla

I like to soak my feet in a warm bath with plain old baking soda, it helps to soften and you should be able to rub off some of the dead skin! if you have a

foot scrubber that helps too.

1 treatment is not going to work miracles. Consistency is the key and then I use my foot balm lotion and cover with saran wrap and socks. Works for me!!!!

• 4 weeks later...