Vanilla Chai

Scented with my own version of vanilla chai, again, infused oil to scent and added grounds to swirl. Also swirled a bit with ultramarine green. Used a basic crisco recipe again, with some extra staric acid and castor oil. So far it looks good. I expect it to brown up a bit from the vanilla, but shouldn't be to much as ony used a tiny bit of vanilla.

post-7822-139458429767_thumb.jpg

Another Great Batch Grandma! :yay: I like how you infuse oils and stuff for your soap. Natural and good for you. I took a cue from you and I am infusing some calendula petals with olive oil. I'll have to wait a few weeks to use it.

When's your next batch? ;) I love the looks of your soap!

Nice! What spices did you settle on?

Vanilla, black tea, and orange for the base... large pinch each, (about 3/4 tsp total) and a tiny pinch each black pepper. cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and star anise. barely 1/4 tsp total. Not quite the same, not as spicy as the tea, but I figured that's better than it irritating someones skin. Maybe it will bloom with time, but if not I still like it.

Another Great Batch Grandma! I like how you infuse oils and stuff for your soap. Natural and good for you. I took a cue from you and I am infusing some calendula petals with olive oil. I'll have to wait a few weeks to use it.

When's your next batch? I love the looks of your soap!

The infused oils are because the FOs scare me! LOL. After my first experence and after reading the horor stories... but now I've developed a likeing for the look and feel of them.

The next batch won't be until the grand daughters leave... we have 3 here right now for 10 days... and if im lucky we will have 3 more for another week... and the only soap makeing that will be happening is MP til they leave. We are going to make nesting birds and roses this week.

They are sleeping right now... and I need to be getting there too. Snuck in here for a little "me" time... but time is up. Maybe I will have a few minutes to sneak back while they are here... other wise see ya all in a coule weeks!;)

The infused oils are because the FOs scare me! LOL. After my first experence and after reading the horor stories... but now I've developed a likeing for the look and feel of them.

The next batch won't be until the grand daughters leave... we have 3 here right now for 10 days... and if im lucky we will have 3 more for another week... and the only soap makeing that will be happening is MP til they leave. We are going to make nesting birds and roses this week.

They are sleeping right now... and I need to be getting there too. Snuck in here for a little "me" time... but time is up. Maybe I will have a few minutes to sneak back while they are here... other wise see ya all in a coule weeks!;)

Don't be scared of FO's... they are your friends. LOL ;) You will just have to find the right ones that you like. Have you thought of soaping with EO's? That's another thing on my to do list, I have so many things I want to do! LOL A while back, one of the sweet lady's on here sent me one of her facial soaps... scented in Rose Geranium EO. Awww.... smells heavenly. She used carrot juice in place of water in her lye solution. It's a really creamy bar. I've heard Rose Geranium EO is good for PMS and Menopause... LOL So I soap with it when my hormones are acting up. LOL:laugh2:

You sound like your in the same boat as me... no time to start soapin'. I haven't soaped in two weeks. Feels like forever. :cry2: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday. It was my only free day, but as the weekend passes, seems like Monday is getting filled up too with stuff to do too...:cry2:

So, I have no idea when I will do another batch. :embarasse

Love your natural soaps! I may just have to try this one. That is, if you don't mind.

Well, ya better hurry cuz I’m going to patent it next week… yeah, think they will give me a patent for something that has been used for at least a hundred years? LOL. Have fun… I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Don't be scared of FO's... they are your friends. LOL ;) You will just have to find the right ones that you like. Have you thought of soaping with EO's? That's another thing on my to do list, I have so many things I want to do! LOL A while back, one of the sweet lady's on here sent me one of her facial soaps... scented in Rose Geranium EO. Awww.... smells heavenly. She used carrot juice in place of water in her lye solution. It's a really creamy bar. I've heard Rose Geranium EO is good for PMS and Menopause... LOL So I soap with it when my hormones are acting up. LOL:laugh2:

You sound like your in the same boat as me... no time to start soapin'. I haven't soaped in two weeks. Feels like forever. :cry2: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday. It was my only free day, but as the weekend passes, seems like Monday is getting filled up too with stuff to do too...:cry2:

So, I have no idea when I will do another batch. :embarasse

I have thought of EOs, but they are expensive, and the recomendations I have seen have been 3%... which could be pricy. However, considering how over powering FOs are (in my opinion) I'll probabay use about 3 drops per batch so maybe it would be a good buy... of course I have to save some cash up first to buy oils to make soap with or the EOs won't be much use anyway (yes, hubby is still refuseig to let me buy oil on the house account:mad: , but thats ok cuz this soap, that I made for him, looks like it's going to be great and I'll get my way yet:p ).

Oldest granddaughter (13) LOVES the sweet green tea soap. is refuseing to use anything else to even wash her hands with even though I told her it will be better in another couple weeks! :laugh2: And I know shes slipped a couple bars in her suitcase even though she just rolls her eyes and says she would NEVER do that.:rolleyes2 I'm really glad she likes it. She also stops to smell the chai soap every time she walks past. She says its going to be the best soap ever. :grin2:

Got to go... time to drag younger grand daughters out of the fizzing bath bomb bath... they are going to turn into prunes.;)