Omg Soap Went Rock Hard! Lol

DeJae

Last night I was making soap, the stuff would not trace, it mixed together ok but was like pure thin water. So ok, I figured maybe I will pour it like that.

I scooped out a cup of mix to color, wanted to swirl this one.

I mixed my color, went to the big pot, added my fo (sweet Pea) and instantly and I mean instantly, it went totally rock hard, could not move a thing.

I haven't had that happen yet but then again I never used Sweet Pea before either, so I am assuming the FO did it.

Didn't even get to mix up all the FO, so trash it became....that rots! LOL

I surely know they weren't soap fairies.....these were soap gremlins....Mean buggers!! lol

I hate wasting product, really p*sses me off! Grrrrr.

Now, I am determined to show those soap gremlins whos boss!!!!

I don't think I can chunk it up, the FO and color never even got mixed up, it like rock.....

TRUST ME, I will be more careful next time for sure.....makes one hesitant to make soap again. But I will!

Yep what Meridith said. When I do floral FO's I mix my FO in with the oils and make sure oils and lye mix are around 90 degrees. I quickly hand mix with my whisk, never my SB, and pour.

Thanks for the feedback on this all.....I am going to try next time to add the fo to the room temp oils first and see how that goes.

I used the stick blender before I added the fo.

I didn't use anything when I added the FO. The minute I poured it into the pot, it seized nearly instantly.

So I poured my cup of colored on it, hoping it would help loosen it, but no go, just stayed rock hard. Glad my SB and stirring spoon weren't in there or it would be there for life. That is how instantly hard it got. When I took it out of the pot, it came out in one big lump...LOL made cleaning the pot easy enough.

Amazing how just before I added the FO it was like soup...I was actually concerned because it seemed not thick enough but it all blended and so I was somewhat content with that. Well, it thickened alright!!!! LOL