Yahoo! I Did "IT"

Brenda

"IT" is making an emulsified body butter! I followed the recipe for Body Butter Bliss on Lotioncrafter's Formulary page. Scented it Pink Peony.

Here it is:

Pink_Peony_emulsified.jpg

I can't believe how excited I am about this. I've made tons of soap and whipped butters but this is my very first emulsion. Been putting it off for at least a year...:embarasse I'll be interested to see how it performs over time.

Thanks for looking!

Aren't they fun?

Yes, they are! It seems like magic when the emulsion forms and turns into a lovely cream. I got the same rush as I did with my first batch of CP! LOL

Now I've got the bug to make another recipe, although I do like this recipe. Slathered myself with the stuff left inside the stainless steel pan before I washed the dishes. ;) I can see how this would appeal to a wider customer base for sure. It's what they are used to when someone says body butter.

I should have split the batch before scenting so I could have two scents...Live and learn! :grin2:

Thanks, everyone! :)

So is it hard to do? lol!

Not hard, just fussy. I'm used to measuring large amounts when I soap because I make big batches. The worst part was measuring out all those dibs and dabs of ingredients (in grams) into tiny, clean bowls and checking and rechecking the recipe so I didn't forget anything. :rolleyes2

Wow, you sure did go for it. I finally did one a couple of months ago after putting it off for a long time. It wasn't as difficult as I anticipated, but like you the itty bits, etc, got to me. I also realized that neither of my scales would go to the minute quantities that I would like.

I've eyed that same recipe for some time, but I don't have all the ingredients yet. Are you happy with the outcome of it so far? Your pic (all of your pics are) makes it look very luxurious and inviting.

Well, congrats and welcome to your new addiction! I will be expecting pictures of lotions, hair conditioners, serums and whatever your creative mind can handle and I suspect that's a ton of stuff!:yay: looking good:wink2: and I know about "the rush" and the feeling of knowing that all of your products are truly all yours.

I've eyed that same recipe for some time, but I don't have all the ingredients yet. Are you happy with the outcome of it so far?

Yes, I'm happy with it so far, Luci! The consistency is great and it does leave my dry skin feeling smooth and soft. So far it's a thumbs up from me on this recipe!

Decided to package it in a black 2 oz. jar that just fits 2.5 oz. of product and made a label for it. Here's what I came up with.

Butter_Cream.jpg

It's hard to see in the photo, but that's a "from my yard" peony photo as the background (with a little transparency applied so the text would show.)

Thanks for your compliments everyone! :smiley2:

Wow love the label and I love this recipe it is wonderful. I have been making it for a few months now and my customers love it. try subbing in some monoi it is wonderful and has that great monoi scent. I also do one in lavender and then a couple of my other scents. I absoluely love your labels.

janis

Yes, I'm happy with it so far, Luci! The consistency is great and it does leave my dry skin feeling smooth and soft. So far it's a thumbs up from me on this recipe!

Decided to package it in a black 2 oz. jar that just fits 2.5 oz. of product and made a label for it. Here's what I came up with.

Butter_Cream.jpg

It's hard to see in the photo, but that's a "from my yard" peony photo as the background (with a little transparency applied so the text would show.)

Thanks for your compliments everyone! :smiley2:

Oh great job Brenda.. I listed this recipe somewhere here, but I have never used it because of all the different ingredients it calls for.. If you sell it, I would be happy to buy one to see if how different it is from regular emulsified body butter! I will be looking on your site to find it..

Teri:drool:

Yep, great body butter that is! I use that recipe too. I've subbed the RBO with various other oils to test out the different feels. I haven't gotten a negative response yet! Now I make big batches and leave them unscented until I need a qty of a particular scent.

Good job, yours looks so yummy! :yay:

I would be happy to buy one to see if how different it is from regular emulsified body butter! I will be looking on your site to find it..

Teri:drool: what is regular emulsified body butter? what Brenda made is basically a body cream. Are you thinking about a balm or a whipped shea butter type product?