my first and second (fugly) m&p

Brat

Hi, decided to venture into the world of M&P. Got the urge and had to get some cheap craft store stuff, needed instant gratification lol. Might delve into HP eventually, but for now I have some good base on order from Peak. The bottom row is my first batch, brown sugar pecan. The top rows are my second attempt. Scented strawberries & cream. The second pic shows the other side of them all. I don't think the second batch is too terrible, but was just experimenting with the color. The first batch is kinda yucky! Gonna remelt them and add some stuff to get rid of the drying problem.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

I also ordered a mold and some blue color with my soap bases, so I should have something pretty to post here in a few days! Can't wait until my order gets here....

Prairieannie, how long does it take for that fo to brown up on ya?

I also ordered a mold and some blue color with my soap bases, so I should have something pretty to post here in a few days! Can't wait until my order gets here....

Prairieannie, how long does it take for that fo to brown up on ya?

It didn't take long.. a week maybe at the most?? Hopefully you got lucky and got one that won't! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! :D

Let me tell you..... that's some awesome swirls for M&P!!! I could NEVER swirl with M&P. I'd cuss and stomp my feet.... LOL cause the colors would just blend in... and eventually looked like one color. M&P is VERY tricky to swirl. Like Prarieannie said... not alot of people can achieve it. What ever your doing to get these gorgeous swirls.... don't stop doing it!!!! They look great!

Nice! As for the browning of the vanilla FOs, I use WSP Vanilla Stabilizer and haven't had any "brown" soap yet. I did a confetti soap with a clear overpour scented Strawberries & Cream and it didn't turn brown. It wasn't as clear, but it didn't turn on me. I am not a soap expert, it's something I do with my 9 year old niece.

Thanks everyone! I have to admit my technique for the swirls... I'm sure you all will get a laugh! For the top ones, I dropped a few drops of cheap liquid color from the craft store in each mold, few drops of 3 colors. Then I poured the soap in, and swirled the stuff that came to the top with a skewer. The bottom ones that only have it on the bottom, I dripped a couple of drops and used the skewer. I think I really like the top ones, the more I look at them!