madison jars

Does anyone use these jars for their candles. I was looking at the 8oz and they seem to have a look that can be both contemporary and also the possibility of having a more country look. The diameter on the 8oz and 12 oz seems to be small enough to single wick. Any information from anyone?

Use the 12oz and 18oz and I love them, I use to use the apothecary style jars and my customers like the look of the madison better, they are sick of everyone using jelly jars and appothecary.

They also said they burn cleaner cause they are straight.

HTH

Use the 12oz and 18oz and I love them, I use to use the apothecary style jars and my customers like the look of the madison better, they are sick of everyone using jelly jars and appothecary.

They also said they burn cleaner cause they are straight.

HTH

Do you get a FMP on the first burn or do the sides have to catch up? I'm using 4630 and I can't get a FMP on the 1st burn but I love these jars and do not want to give up on them.

I use them too but only the 18 oz so far. I love the clean/modern look of them, that's why I chose them. I can't get them to burn right with a single wick though so I double wick them. I also use palm though, so that might make a difference.

Yes, with the double wicking I get a full melt pool on the first burn. Then a nice clean burn all the way down :-)

I don't use 4630 so don't know if I would be of any help. But I double wick mine and I get a full melt pool after about a 3 hour burn, with very very minor hangup on the sides. Second burn on is smooth sailing