Wick your wax fragrances

soycool

Has anyone tried these from Bittercreek? Also seems to not be a lot of buzz about this company when I read the archives. I have never tried them, but I am thinking about trying Vanilla bean, I guess vanilla velvet is one of their all time best vanillas? The WYW fragrances are pricey. I use pure soy. I guess what I want to know is are they worth a whirl?

Natalie

I am not one of the more experianced candle makers here..but..I use all soy..I have used 3 or 4 of there FO's 1 of them was Buttery Gingerbread, and I have not had good luck with them..The buttery gingerbread is a WYW and to me it had a burnt smell..I use GB 415 and 464..I was not getting a good hot throw..But don't let that discourage you,,if you use a different type of wax, you could get an entirely different smell.

I use WYW Vanilla Grapefruit. Yes, it's pricey but you can really cut back with this one. I use GB415 and if I poured it at 10% it would be sickening strong. At 4-5% it's still stronger than some FO's I pour at 10%.

In the past I have used Buttercream Crunch, Mango Macadamia Nut and Perfect Storm. They were good in GB415 but not as strong as the Vanilla Grapefruit.

I tried a few of the WYW scents in pure soy and didn't have very good luck with Perfect Pumpkin, Mulled Cider, or the gingerbread. I did have great luck with the Mango Macadamia Nut (my favorite) bamboo and perfect storm (which to me smells like a 'blow your doors off' hyacinth). You can use 1/2 of what you normally use, but I tried that with the scents that didn't work, and I had very weak to no hot throw. Was really disappointed. They are so expensive there is no way it would be worth it to try using more oil per pound either. But Bittercreek in general has some awesome fragrance oils that work great in soy...So yes, Bittercreek is worth trying!

Personally I wouldn't order the Very Vanilla. It just didn't seem to keep it's scent when left unused. I ended up mixing another co. vanilla instead. WYW oils that have worked for me in ezsoy are Bamboo- great throw...Hot Apple Pie, Vanilla Grapefruit, ButterCream Crunch- is great! They have many other fragrances which do throw well in soy. HTH!