Sunflower Oil

soycrazy

And ditto here, too, except in one overpriced specialty bottle. Everything I've read says safflower is virtally identical in composition & benefits, though, and that's still pretty common, so I've subbed that in.

Wesson used to produce both sunflower and safflower and they were sold in the 48 oz bottles like canola at the same prices; sometimes on sale for $1.89 for 48 oz. Now, they are considered specialty oils, and only one brand is available at the store I use for about $3.69 for a 24 oz bottle.:rolleyes2

Wesson stopped distributing sunflower oil, and that's the only brand I was ever able to find here. I love sunflower for cooking and for soap and was really ticked off when it disappeared from the grocery shelves.

I've read posts from people who said they contacted Wesson and were told there was no demand for sunflower oil. I find that odd, since it certainly seemed to move when it was in the store.

The only safflower oil I've seen here is LouAna brand, $2.48 for 24 ounces compared to the $1.99 or less I used to pay for 48 ounces of sunflower. I guess I should consider myself lucky if that little bottle of safflower is $3.69 elsewhere ... It doesn't feel lucky, though, you know?

Wow! That is really weird. Most of the time, at the local market, almost all I can find is canola, OO, AND, of course, Sunflower Oil. No trouble at all. The brand is Hain. I can get it at our Safeway and also at Whole Foods. Good luck. Maybe you can ask the store to contact the supplier of Hain products. :awww:

I have to admit I haven't thought to check at Whole Foods. They're quite a bit pricier than my usual grocery store, which is a Texas chain, but definitely worth looking into. The cheapest price I've found online is nearly 4 times what I used to pay, and that's before adding shipping costs.

Thanks for the tip.