A Presto Kettle question!

My hubby used a 3/4" drill bit. Who told you to use a 19/32? My husband has never heard of that size either. I know nothing. I know I love my 2 & would like more. I have a 200 lb. one that I never heat up. It is just to easy to use the pots.

Thanks, Lauchie,

The instructions say under tools needed a 19/32" Drill bit. My husband was

going to try the 3/8", but I wanted what the instructions said. I have a 100 lb melter that takes for ever to heat up 20 lbs. That's why I wanted to try the Presto Kettle. We bought 2 tonight.

I appreciate your reply.

We didn't get around to the spigot either. We bought 4 of them (one is dedicated for cooking...). They are very convenient!! The quick-disconnect safety cord takes some getting used to, but I am glad for it. Have already had it save accidental dumpings a couple of times when one of us klutzes hooked the cord on something...:wink2: My only gripe is the teflon coating. I wish they were just brushed aluminum or metal. I have a bad habit of picking up metal things to stir or poke...:embarasse

We have 2 one with the valve and one without. I hate using the one with the valve because water sometimes sits in there after cleaning.. or the wax gets stuck in there.. So we just pour right out of the presto.. works great.. Plus the valve,pipe,tap and bit could add up... HTH

Everybody has been so helpful. Thanks for the replies. I am wondering now

about the spigot. We bought 2 sets last night and all the hardware cost about $30. I am used to a large melting pot and it has a heating element in the pour area to melt the wax. Are you all having trouble with the wax not melting in the spigot? If so, what are you doing?

I love mine with the spigots. I think it would be more of a pain to have to pour it out because I just open the spigots & put it right into my bottles. It is super easy to clean. I never use water. I just ripe it out with a paper toilet & make sure if there is any wax left in the spigot, I heat it up & shovel the paper towel as far into the spigot as it will go both ways. Super easy. My presto pots have never seen water. LOVE,LOVE them. I just wish I had more time to use them.:drool:

I love mine with the spigots. I think it would be more of a pain to have to pour it out because I just open the spigots & put it right into my bottles. It is super easy to clean. I never use water. I just ripe it out with a paper toilet & make sure if there is any wax left in the spigot, I heat it up & shovel the paper towel as far into the spigot as it will go both ways. Super easy. My presto pots have never seen water. LOVE,LOVE them. I just wish I had more time to use them.:drool:

So, you must add your scent and color to the pot? I was going to continue to pour from a pitcher and mix there. I have always done containers and now I am going to try pillars, chunk candles and votives. I am open for any helpful hints. Got my order from Candle Science today and my order from Peaks will be here Monday. Can't wait to try something new.:yay:

We have been to Lowe's, Home Depot and Ace Hardware and they all told us there is not a 19/32" drill bit made. Can anyone tell us where they got theirs? Thanks!

That cracks me up. Your stores are obviously run by morons, lol (just kidding). 37/64 is actually the correct drill size to use for a 3/8" NPT, but 19/32 is generally easier to find and I think that's why it's called out. The drill bits ARE made, and they're readily available if you know where to look. I did manage to find a 19/32 drill bit at my Home Depot a few years ago.

If you have any local machine shops around they might sell you one, or an industrial supply store, a plumbing supply shop, etc. 3/8" NPT is very common, as are the drills required so if anyone tries to tell you they're not made, smack 'em upside the head :laugh2:

So, you must add your scent and color to the pot? I was going to continue to pour from a pitcher and mix there. I have always done containers and now I am going to try pillars, chunk candles and votives. I am open for any helpful hints. Got my order from Candle Science today and my order from Peaks will be here Monday. Can't wait to try something new.:yay:

No you don't have to add color to your pots. You can still use the pour pots. Some people do larger runs of one scent and color. I don't and I don't use the spigot either. I just dip out what I need for each one. I also have 4 pour pots.

HTH

Pat

I have 2 pots one with a spigot and one without, I prefer the one without! I just dip the wax out into my pitcher and mix fo and dye in it. The spigot always gets super hot and is hard to close all the way, I got it off the classies and didn't realize it was the kind that have a water faucet handle... that learned me! I ask for pics now!