Baby Gifts (Ive been a busy little sewing bee!) Pic Heavy

nayarx8

I have a friend that is 4 months pregnant, and moving to Las Vegas in July. I wanted to make her some baby things to give to her before she leaves. I started sewing on Monday evening, and in 48 hours, completed 9 items for her. I sewed everything by hand because I STILL dont know how to use my sewing machine:laugh2: ! The burp clothes are kind of fancy, but I think they turned out cute. I'd use them when you wanna show off your cool baby stuff somewhere!

Pic 1: yellow flannel padded burp cloth with giraffe iron-on transfer (I accidentely smeared the transfer with the iron onto the fabric as you can see in the pic:cry2: ). And, a sparkly red poinsettia padded burp cloth because she is due in Dec.

Pic 2: My version of a Breakfast at Tiffany's burpcloth; turqouise swirly fabric on one side, and a silver-flecked white cotton on the other side. And, a pink/purple floral with a lavendar satin backing.

Pic 3 & 4: The front and back of the two pillows I made. One is a fun zoo print with a green fleece backing. The other is a multi-floral with a rose satin backing.

Pic 5: This started out as a knotted blanket. I screwed that up pretty badly, and decided just to sew it instead. Because I had to cut off 6" from the part I messed up, this didnt turn out to be big enough for a blanket. But, Im calling it a changing pad now;) ! Soft on the baby's bottom and machine-washable.

Pic 6: A quick blanket with a yellow floral butterfly side, and a mauve fleece on the other.

Pic 7 (my personal favorite): I LOVE this one! Did this w/o marking the fabric, and it surprisingly came out fairly straight. It looks so perfect for a baby girl (which Im hoping my friend is going to have; we wont know for a few weeks).

post-2327-139458429593_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458429596_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458429598_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458429601_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458429605_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458429606_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458429611_thumb.jpg

Naya,

Gorgous gorgous stuff as usual! I love the quilt too, love chenille, its so soft and pretty looking. It amazes me too that you haven't learned to use that sewing machine and still do all this awesome stuff by hand. Boy between your jewelry and the sewing....you are one talented chick! LOL :P

hugs.....