tart question

mrsposey

I was very pleased with my first batch of tarts although I'm not sure the scent lasted as long as I would have liked. It was very strong at first and had a great throw, but it faded after a couple of days. Is this a normal time? Is there something I should add to the wax to make the scent last longer?

Nancy

Sounds like you're doing a good job with them :) Keep in mind that some scents will last longer than others and that quality FOs will last longer than cheaper ones :) If I can't smell my tarts for at least 10 hours throughout my entire 2800 sf house (using an electric warmer)...I won't add them to my line. Just my $.02!

Sounds good to me. 1 ounce of wax lasting a few days. A votive is 2 ounces of wax and it burns 12-15 hours approximately. My breakaway tart cubes last 10-12 hours each and as mentioned they are 1/2 ounce.

• 4 years later...

I am just floored. I don't understand what wax you all are using that a 1 oz. cube of wax is lasting 8-10 hours. I am lucky if mine last for 2 hours. I have been using the KY Parasoy Votive Tart wax and heating to 165 as they recommend and pouring at 155 as they recommend and they throw strong, but it just doesn't last long. What wax are you all using. I must need to change wax. Thank you in advance for your help. Elizabeth