I need some help with wordage

roady

I am wanting to start sending out wholesale packets along with a sample candle. I am going to look at the biggest and nicest gift stores in each large town. I want to add something in my wholesale packet that basically gives them a 30 day period before I move on to another prospect in that town. I'm not going to send them out to numerous gift stores so that if the first one I send too wont have competition if someone else wants them also. (wishful thinking) I don't want to sound rude of course so how could I word that I am giving them 30 days to decide??? Has anyone ever done this or is it too nervy???

TIA!

Chantel

Why don't you just go to the shops you want to sell at and drop off your materials? It makes a better impression and is a much stronger selling point.

I made a wholesale catalog for my products and took samples with me. I would go to a shop, talk to them, show them my products, and hand them a catalog along with my business card.

If they were interested then I would leave a sample. Better yet, those that were interested even ordered right on the spot and luckily I had brought along boxes of stuff and put in my trunk-- just in case.

I have started several accounts that way just by walking in and meeting the manager or whomever is in charge. I didn't have anything more complex than a catalog with pictures, pricing, and descriptions of my products.

Why restrict them to 30 days?

I would put something in the letter like you are offering them zone priveleges and they will be the only store carrying your products within a certain radius or a specific zip code, whichever you choose. Then I would put at the bottom of the letter that you will be contacting them within the next 10 days to go over any questions they may have. I would not wait 30 days. If they do not plan on ordering they will let you know when you contact them. If they do want to, they will tell you what they are going to do on the phone. If you are going to send it in the mail instead of go there personally, I would spend the extra on postage and send samples. If they have the product in front of them and are able to test your product first hand, you may be more successful.

This is just my opinion on how I would do it. I hate making visits to stores that aren't prepared for me. I'm a chicken. I will send out wholesale packets and freebies, though. My product speaks for itself, thank god, cuz I'm the type of person that can talk up someone elses products, but when it comes to my own, I trip over my words like crazy.

HTH

Candybee, I see your point but I'm a lot like CSAS (chicken) BUT I have a baby at home, I work another job, hubby works Saturday's, Sunday is my Church day (Sunday School teacher and projectionist) and I'm busy with that. I'm just a busy, busy person on top of a chicken. I really do feel that in person is best. It's just finding the time, (sigh). I would only want to give them a 30 day limit or somewhere along those lines so that I could move on if they weren't interested. What if I nailed two accounts in the same town? They probably wouldn't be very happy. I live amongst small towns. When I say "large" towns I am talking 1000 population. lol!!

Thx for your help!

Chantel

I am getting ready to send out wholesale packets. I won't be going to the place of business since it is a distance where I want to wholesale. Bigger areas. I have my introduction letter, contract and if interested a wholesale price list. Making the 4 ounce candles now. I will do a follow up call.

LynnS

I agree it is scary when you first go out to shops and believe me I cowered at home for days before getting up the nerve. But I knew I had beautiful products and I wouldn't get any accounts if I didn't try. The first time I had a friend go with me before I ventured out on my own.

And don't think that you are bothering them. I always approach them by asking if I may talk to them about my products. If they are busy you just thank them politely and leave them your materials and follow up in a few days.

I got two wholesale accounts in one day doing that. I now have my soaps in several shops in town and in surrounding towns and counties. So it was definitely worth it!

Sorry but I don't think mailing out samples works. I've worked for businesses that send out mailers that didn't work. On the other hand I have seen them work if you send them out to customers you already have.

Anyway when I was ready to start getting my retail and wholesale accounts I decided I had to make personal contact.

I do wish you luck with your flyers! I like to hear about how people succeed.