The Case of the Disappearing Swirls...

CBE

Ok guys... I might need some help here. LOL I don't know what happened... what went wrong... maybe someone can shed some light here. I'm hoping this batch is ok.

First pic: In the mold.... scented in a mix of Island Fresh Gain type and Clean type. Added blue jojoba beads for a "cool look". Behaved beautifully, I even had time to play around and practice swirling.

blueswirls2.jpg

Second Pic: WHERE THE HELL ARE MY SWIRLS?

disappearingswirls.jpg

The swirls seemed to disappear!! And that's not it..... look at these weird spots... I'm thinking this is supposed to be my "blue swirl".

weirdspots.jpg

What's going on??!!! I'm so sad!!

Maybe I should have explained more... LOL Ok... I tinted my swirl portion with blue mica. I added blue jojoba beads to the main portion in the soap pot. I tinted the main portion with titanium to keep it ultra white.

Well my next question is was the blue mica CP friendly? It doesn't look like it was.

Well, it was SUPPOSED to be CP friendly, but by the looks of it, I guess it didn't want to cooperate. LOL I'm worried about those weird spots though... it doesn't look like the soap is weeping or leaking... and I'm new to this so I'm clueless right now...

Oh, I’m so sorry! But from what I can see you have swirling down, if it wasn’t so pale I think it would be perfect. Actually, I kinda like the spots…

I have never used jojoba beads, so I did a quick search and see that jojoba is actually a wax, see, I learned something new! I am thinking that the wax clumped together to make the spots, not really incorporating with the oils. This is just a guess on my part.

I know you’re disappointed, but really, the swirls really look good!

I'm starting to embrace the soap I made, LOL but it's those darn brown spots that get to me. The jojoba beads did awesome in the soap... I think it was the blue mica that really messed me up. Well, hopefully.... as it cures, those brown spots will eventually "meld in" with the rest of the soap! LOL