Palm Oil-PLEASE HELP (in middle of making soap)

DeJae

I bought 5# of Fixed Palm Oil from MMS.

In their picture they show it hard like a butter....but when I opened it, it is like an applesauce. Is this ok to use?

It has been in a room that is 82 degrees so it hasn't been in heat other than when it was shipped.

That's what my palm looks like too. I think it's ok. I get mine from another supplier, so it must be what some look like I'm assuming. My babassu oil looks like that too, like a semi-solid.

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH

Can you tell me one other thing, you will obviously know I am doing this for the first time....my lye water has a crusty top, is that normal to? Do I stir it a tad before adding it?

Thanks guys, you are the bomb, great bunch of people!

ETA: I was surprised that my coconut oil was slushy too, I expected it to be firmer also

lots of theories on crust & floaters in lye solution. I tend to get them when I use a container from the dishwasher - whether it's soap residue, oil residue that's saponified, or minerals coming out of solution I don't know. I personally just stir it in and soap away. Some filter it out through a strainer or cheesecloth or coffee filter or whatever but I don't like the idea of handling the solution any more than necessary so I just pretend it isn't there. So far so good...