label making help

Ann M

I am in major need of label making help. I had been using Microsoft Publisher and doing fair. Yet, it seems really limited. I ordered some nice vinyl labels that are waterproof and now have some shelac spray that helps with the waterproofing of the ink. Yet, these great labels are smaller than the templates for MS Publisher. When I went to change the print setting, it wouldn't let me put in the exact measurements I needed and when I tried to print everything was off kilter. The labels are not Avery and there isn't an Avery comparable label size. Does anyone have any other programs I can try. I loved my design on Publisher, but cannot make it work in Microsoft Word where I can get the exact template size.

I just stink stink stink at label making. I hesitate to have someone make them for me because I really feel I can some how learn this myself. I also make so many different products and different scents that it would cost me a small fortune to have them printed in advance.

Does anyone have an great software they would recommend? I would love something that allows me to input my own size of label. I also need something really easy or for a beginner.

Thanks so much for the help.

Ann

I have a cheap $10 program called My labels. It is the best I have used so far for making my own sizes. I got a new printshop program to make cards in too and I ended up going back to good ol' My labels.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I was able to get my DH to sit down this weekend and help me out. He was able to format the new labels for me and helped in transfering the design. It was a lot of work, but the labels turned out like I wanted them to.

I will look into using an easier program or maybe just have DH do them from now on!! He did a nice job and it was alot quicker than when I spend hours and have little to show.

Ann