Soy candles in tin...help me!

Greetings All!

I am going to be making some soy candles and will be using the 8oz seamless tins from Peaks.

Is there anything I should know about using tin versus using glass?

These are for a swap and I thought it would be better to ship tin....plus I just love to try new things!! :rolleyes2

Thanks for any help or advice!

Peace,

Jen

Don't fill up too high... make sure to leave enough space for your wick between the lid and the candle. Unless you do the fold over wick thing in which case you don't need to worry about it.

That's about the only other advice I have... make sure to test your wick you may need to go up one higher than usual (I did with my 6 oz tins).

Have fun! I love tins!

Kelly

Thanks Kelly for the quick response! :thumbsup:

I hadn't thought about the wick height....

I did purchase wicks that were 2 sizes larger than I have used in the past because of issues with not burning to the edge...so hopefully that will help.

Thanks again!

Jen

I saw some really cute tins the other day where they left the wick long in tins with the clear tops and they curled it in a circle...looked great in the gift baskets, my only concern would be the end user actually cutting it before they used it. Also, I don't warm my tins at all, mine come out better if they are just room temp or a little cooler.

speaking of tins getting hotter, if you give any away as testers or you sell them, be sure to put something on your caution label that states not to burn on a wood surface...I've seen some nasty burn rings from the tins when the bottom got hot. Other than these things mentioned in posts...I love working with tins...don't see any wet spots...and the wick centering tools work great on tins (both round and square!)