Votive Wax

I don't like the amount of time the 4794 takes to release from the mold. That's the main thing. Also, the melt point is lower than what I like for my votives. In my busy season, I need the votives to come out soon after the 2nd pour and I get that from 6228.

I don't like the amount of time the 4794 takes to release from the mold. That's the main thing. Also, the melt point is lower than what I like for my votives. In my busy season, I need the votives to come out soon after the 2nd pour and I get that from 6228.

Thanks for sharing that info...I didn't realize that 6228 was a "quicker" wax to deal with! We started with 4794 and just never looked elsewhere.

I ususally can get my 4794 out about 30-40 mins after the second pour, lots of times sooner.

In the hotter months I have a fan on low, blowing just about them and not on or at them and it speeds it up to about 20-25 mins after second pour.

You can still get a steady supply of OK6228 at Tristate Candle Supply in St. Albans, West Virginia. I don't know if this supplier is close to you or not, but they have a wax special going on right now for OK6228 at $1.04/lb.