What do you think?

I just love how the candles in the gallery look!! I am new here and was wondering if there was a place where people put their "recipes" for the candles that they make and then post as pictures. I would be excited to know how to make some of the ones posted in the gallery. I am relatively new candle maker and would love to expand my knowledge from all you experts.

If there is not a place, maybe we could make a new one and title it Candle Recipes. It could include the wax, dyes, fragrances (from where), any additives, etc, and then step-by-step directions on how to make it with a picture attached.

What do you all think? I was a teacher for nine years and I love learning and sharing with others. I think it would be neat if we don't already have something like it!

That would probably be a good idea if there was a "recipe". Unfortunately there isn't. What works for one person may not even work for them the next time, let alone work for someone who is somewhere else. Temp, humidity, manufacturer of supplies... there are too many variables to even count. Not to mention that the majority of it is a matter of preference. We had some very helpful threads for new people on the board that just crashed. Hopefully they will be archived soon. There were also generalized instructions on how to do different techniques on a sidebar on the left. Things like, marble, layering, hurricanes, chunks, etc... maybe Alan (from Peaks Candle supplies and the admin here) will have that back soon too. If you like the candles you see here now, whats in the archives will knock your socks off! We're still kinda getting used to our new home here, but will help with what we can :)

Not to forget that if some of us get duplication on a second or third try it's somewhat of a miracle, but not everyone is going to want to share all their secrets. Hope you understand :)

I agree! Miracles don't happen everyday ..... and when they finally do; you are so damn proud of yourself for sticking with it and going through all the testing! ;)

I believe that Alan is working on the Archives section to be linked up as well as the Basic How To & Special Techniques left bar to be posted soon and they are a great resource for all kinds of special effects candles. Hopefully it will be up soon. Go through them and with a little bit of experimenting, wax, wicks and dyes plus imagination you will be churning out beauties too :)