A word of advice....be SURE to buy from a reputable dealer...we got some a year or so back...a guy just showed up in our Store..we bought..well come to find out...It ruined about $500.00 worth of products...I would totally discolor some of the scents..well, MOST of the scents we poured..and they did NOT burn well either!! Don't know what the guy sold us..but I contacted him, and turned him into the BBB ...well he finally refunded our $300.00 that we paid!!

But, did not pay for the lost products!! Just a learned lesson!!:confused:

Joyce:yay:

Shop around. Candlewic offers a two-part UV that has A & B. BCN apparently has something worth $39 a pound and I use Peak's, 8 oz for like $19. No mixing parts with Peaks. Probably the same with BCN. However, I'm noticing quite a bit of fading even using them, so I'm wondering if it's not something that couldn't be reformulated.

I strongly recommend using it, i get the "one -part" type from peaks too. Have never had a problem with it affecting the candle or the burn and it has saved me from spewing forth a fountain of bad words when we do outdoor shows from having them fade.:grin2:

I have not done any shows, but I have a dark red pillar that I scented with cinnamon and it's been sitting by a window and near a flourescent light (I've heard that flourescent lights can make candles fade quickly as well) for nearly a year. The candle hasn't faded in the least.

I used this and a little dab will do ya...no two parts to deal with either.

http://www.cajuncandles.com/uvinhibitor.html

I use Peaks and don't have fading at all. I used to think I didn't need it, till I had a batch of candles that were near a window. The consequences...I had ten 16 ounce candles that were not for sale due to discoloration. I NOW use UV in everything--tarts too. I lost $160 due to lack of UV.

I'm going to get me some of that! I spent the day in the hot sun and tried to protect the candles under the easy up.........well............Luckily I only had one of each scent out cause I've got some re-melting to do on Mondy to get them UN-faded! It happened very quickly and it's UGLY!!!!!

Just curious-do you find the candles only fade in direct sunlight or do they fade in bright indirect sun also? I use Peak's liquid dyes with no uv inhibitor and I have left candles out in my lanai for weeks, even months, and have had no fading. A candle I bought at a craft show which I left out there a long time is faded now but none of mine have faded. The lanai is on the North side so they don't sit in direct sun but the indirect light is very bright, bright enough to grow tomatos and peppers out there! I am in Florida and the only sun we have is bright and very strong. :cool: