Royal Aromatics

Kelly

I had heard, on this board I believe, that you can request free samples before you purchase from this company so I contacted them about it and their emails to me are so cryptic! I asked about free samples and she said that I have to place an order to get free samples and then I have to pay $2.00 each. I wanted to be like, 'well then they aren't free are they?' but instead I think I'm just going to give up on this company's FO's.

Does anyone know what the deal is? I thought I could get some free samples to try out before placing a $50.00 order. I have no problem paying for samples, I just don't want to order $50.00 for 5, one pound bottles before I've even gotten to try the product!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this off their website:

ORDERING POLICY

We have a $50.00 minimum on all orders; the cost of shipping and chargeable samples is excluded. Samples can be requested with each order. If your order is 5 pounds or less, you can receive 3 free samples of your choice and purchase an additional 5 at $2.00 each. If you order 6 pounds or more, you can receive 5 free samples and purchase an additional 3 at $2.00 each. Whether chargeable or free (with an order), Royal Aromatics, Inc. limits the number of samples to 8 (this applies to any combination of free and chargeable.)

Hope this helps.

Unless they have changed, they used to let you try 5 free samples before you order, but it takes forever to get receive those five samples.

Yeah this is what I was trying to ask about so I guess maybe they just don't do this anymore.

Have used Royal for several years and have been very happy with their FO.Their Calming, Energy, Relaxing, and Sensual Blends have all sold well and been very consistent from batch to batch. The Bergamot Italy & Mandarin Brazil, Riviera Sun, Romantic Blends, and especially Lemon Verbena, and Coco Mango are all great. I use C-3 with 2 percent BW.

Each order is blended fresh as it comes in. This assures me of having very fresh scent every time. It takes several days longer, but it is worth it.

Cari will send a list of scents that have been tested or recommended in Soy if you ask.

Ron

Have used Royal for several years and have been very happy with their FO.Their Calming, Energy, Relaxing, and Sensual Blends have all sold well and been very consistent from batch to batch. The Bergamot Italy & Mandarin Brazil, Riviera Sun, Romantic Blends, and especially Lemon Verbena, and Coco Mango are all great. I use C-3 with 2 percent BW.

Each order is blended fresh as it comes in. This assures me of having very fresh scent every time. It takes several days longer, but it is worth it.

Cari will send a list of scents that have been tested or recommended in Soy if you ask.

Ron

Ditto! I have always received good oils from them also...no complaints. I'm in Canada and the longest I've ever waited for oils was 9 days.

I just placed an order for sample sized oils with them. You can order samples at $2 each BEFORE you do a full sized order. But, if you decide to do a full sized order, you MUST meet the $50 minimum order requirement. I have not received my sample order as of yet, but they did confirm my order, so I hope to get it soon. Oh, and to do a First Time Buyers Samples Only order, you have to email them your order & info. The site won't let you buy just samples. They were very nice to deal with, by the way. I'm really only looking for one of their oils, so if anyone is doing a big order, or if anyone needs help meeting their minimum, pm me & I can claim a 1 lb premium bottle @ $14 & I'll pay for shipping to me.

Scentsme - who did you email the order to? How many samples were you allowed to select? How do they bill you and how do you then pay for it?

Thanks

I just emailed their "contact us" email, which is: sales@royalaromatics.com

and told them I'd like to try their oils for the first time by ordering the $2 samples. I asked them to please email me back with the procedure, since the online cart won't allow a "just samples" order. They emailed me back promptly & then I sent them my payment/charge info(charge cards only) & they'll bill me when the order is complete. Oh yes: $2 per sample with an 8 sample max, plus shipping(UPS). Oh and tell them what "grade" oil you want(premuim, value, etc....it's on their site). I hope I helped!

Thanks. It does. That is what I tried the first time and what they told me about was their sample program when you place an order. I'll try again perhaps the person I got didn't completely understand my question.

Although I don't really feel comfortable emailing my credit card info... that isn't very secure.

Although I don't really feel comfortable emailing my credit card info... that isn't very secure.

I know! I was a little hesitant, but then just did it anyway. I hope I don't live to regret that! I just looked at the email I received from them & the person I had correspondence with was named Meghan.

Scentsme - Meghan is the person I spoke with too! Maybe she was just really busy, I've had days like that. I'll contact her again and try to be more clear. Or just email her a sample order and see what she says! Now that I know it's a max of 8 worst she can say is "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"... I mean "We don't do that anymore".

IndyGirl - I don't think I'll be placing a full order unless the samples I receive are amazing. And that could be months from now... but if anyone else is placing an order hopefully they can help you out.

I just got my samples order! I love the oils OOB & they came in amber glass bottles!!! You have no idea how happy that makes me!!!!I really only ordered for just one oil that I want from them, but the others are nice too! Problem is, I don't NEED the others! But, I'm going to throw them into some lotion, bath gel, cyclo, body mist & butter & see what I think. If any of them knock my socks off, maybe I'll break down. Again: if anyone needs to do a RA order & needs help meeting the minimum, I'm good for 1 lb of one of their oils@ $14 if that helps! This is the ONE supplier I've never tried because I never heard much about them & the minimum. Meanwhile, I've ordered from every other place, over & over & have far surpassed $50 at any given place, so what's the difference in the end? What an addiction, huh?

Their Lavender Abrialas is fantastic in soaps and lotions. I would be willing to do a co-op on several of their scents if you guys are up for it. I have done them before on other boards and depending on how much you order the price can really decrease. LMK Cindy

Their Lavender Abrialas is fantastic in soaps and lotions. I would be willing to do a co-op on several of their scents if you guys are up for it. I have done them before on other boards and depending on how much you order the price can really decrease. LMK Cindy

Okay, do tell..what does it smell like? Any chance you have a sniffy to send me?