Just Scent 123 Single Pour Container Wax

Hi All....

I ordered a 10 pound slab of JS123 today to try in my container candles just to see what it was like. Anybody use this? Any pro's or con's I should know about?

Thanks in advance for the information .....you guys are so wonderful with sharing all of your knowledge.....:D

-Denise

If the JS123 is the same as the Astorlite 123, I couldn't get that wax to throw for the life of me. I must have tried 4 or 5 different scents, tried many wicks, cured it for up to two weeks...and nothing. I could have gotten a bad batch with maybe too much vybar in it or something. All I know is that it didn't work for me and it's been sitting in my basement for over a year now...I don't know why I won't throw it out though. :undecided

When I talked to Becky she said that it was a house blend. Here is the description:

JS 123 SINGLE POUR

YOU WANTED IT - YOU ASKED FOR IT -

JUST SCENT HAS IT!

THE "OLD" 123 Single Pour YOU ALL KNEW AND LOVED!!!

Just Scent 123 Single Pour

Super Soft Container Blend

This wax is for containers only and will not release from molds!

Ready to wrap in about 3 hours!

Burns slower - your candles are more fragrant!

Little to no shrinkage! Nice creamy-opaque color!

Everyone LOVES this wax!

Higher scent retention!

This single pour container wax is very porous and allows the scent to escape.

Comes in slabs - soft - easy to work with!

55 pound case

Melt Point - 123 - 126 degrees

Pour Temperature - 160 to 180 degrees

Fern, you must be my twin. I tried the Astrolite 123 also and couldn't get a scent throw. I also had to use wicks several sizes larger than I was used to. I also have it sitting in my basement. I guess eventually I'll just throw it away! Missy's/JS's 123 is different from Astrolite's though. I did test it at the same time I was testing Astrolite 123 and it's a good wax. It didn't stand out above all the other container waxes I was testing, but the scent throw was really good and it colored well.

DanaE

Since I'm thinking that there may be too much vybar in it and that's why it's not throwing...I didn't want to put it in my tarts because I don't want it to inhibit the throw. I've managed to get some pretty strong tarts with what I use now and don't want to mess that up. Maybe one day I'll find a use for it.