Additives For Non Colored Soy Candles

I don't dye my candles either, but I don't use any additives. Certain FO's will alter the color just a bit, but they're all still in the "cream" family. :) Most will stay the color of your wax; however, it's those orange-colored FO's that change it the most.

I quit using color about a year agao, and am so much happier. As far as changing color, my Sandalwood melt pool does change to a grayish color after setting back up.

I don't use additives either at this point, but am thinking about using beeswax on a regular basis. See my post about beeswax/soy blend where I'm asking for opinions.

Sandi

Stopped coloring after 2 months of testing...much happier now! Tried the coconut oil, but in C-3 I don't think it makes a big enough difference to warrant the extra step. I did like the addition of CO in Ecosoya ACB. Other than that trial...no additives. As stated in another reply, vanilla and orange slightly alter the color, but still creamy. One fo I have turns wax grey on burning, but its the fo for sure.

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR INFORMATION..I USE GB WAX..IT WAS JUST THE FROSTING ISSUE...SO I THOUGHT THAT WITHOUT COLOR I WOULD HAVE ONE THING LESS TO WORRY ABOUT..AND DIDN'T KNOW IF THERE WAS AN ADDITIVE THAT KEPT THE COLOR FROM CHANGEING WITH THE AGEING OF THE CANDLE..

We use UV absorber even in uncolored candles because they have a tendency to yellow slightly and look like old Crisco after a few months* if we don't. We also use JBN's Universal Soy Additive in all our soy and have recently started throwing in a tablespoonful of white beeswax for frosting issues.:grin2:

* we live in the deep Gulf south, so high temperatures are our enemy and contribute to Crisco and uncolored soy candles looking kinda blah after a few months - might not have that problem in other climates.;)

If you educate your customers as to how soy is and how the color can be the result of the FO used and does not affect the quality or overall burn of your candle, you should not have any problems. I'm sure the frosting, color changes, wet spots etc. will bother you more than your customers too. They just want a candle that burns well and smells great. :)

Also, just to let you know, writing in all caps is considered yelling. I personally think its better for my old eyes and makes it easier to read though. ;)