clear crystals

I'm a little confused between clear crystals and gloss poly (c-15). They are not the same right? Are clear crystals the same as aroma beads for car freshners? I have c-15 and aroma beads but if they're not the same, then I need some clear crystals! Where would I find some? ~TY

All of those are different.

Clear Crystals are fischer-tropsch wax (Vestowax or Paraflint).

C-15 is polyethylene (Epolene C-15).

So-called "aroma beads" are EVA copolymer (Elvax 210).

All are traditional wax additives that increase hardness and fragrance retention. The Clear Crystals do it without adding as much opacity.

Wow... I didn't know the aroma beads were actually an additive for wax! Learn something new every day :grin2:

It's been used as a candle additive for several decades, but as far as BCN is concerned you're not supposed to know that. The info was removed when I mentioned it on their message board.

Hi Top,

Are you sure there aren't different types? I'm positive I got my clear crystals, which I'm looking at right now, from candlechem last summer (I keep emails of orders so I can know what I got from where) and they look different from the aroma beads I got from BCN a good while ago. The Aroma Beads are MUCH smaller, rounder, while the clear crystals are much larger, irregular-sized, and flattened.

Maybe they changed suppliers since then or they were manufactured differently?

Henry, sorry if I confused matters. See my initial post above. The aroma beads and Clear Crystals are two different additives.

Clear Crystals are Vestowax according to Candlechem. Presumably that means Translucent Crystals would be Paraflint. Both are synthetic waxes made by the Fischer-Tropsch process and somewhat similar products. They look a little like white rice or orzo.

Aroma beads are Elvax 210, a form of ethyl-vinyl acetate copolymer. They're kind of rounded and translucent.

Henry, sorry if I confused matters. See my initial post above. The aroma beads and Clear Crystals are two different additives.

Clear Crystals are Vestowax according to Candlechem. Presumably that means Translucent Crystals would be Paraflint. Both are synthetic waxes made by the Fischer-Tropsch process and somewhat similar products. They look a little like white rice or orzo.

Aroma beads are Elvax 210, a form of ethyl-vinyl acetate copolymer. They're kind of rounded and translucent.

Question: What are Luster Crystals that Pourette used to carry??

Question: What are Luster Crystals that Pourette used to carry??

Luster Crystals are polyethylene. There is Epolene C-15 which is usually sold as Gloss Poly. The other common additive of this type is AC-6A from Honeywell, so I guess that would be Luster Crystals. You can get it from Genwax or Candlechem.