Where can I find...?

Kelly

This is for M&P and I was hoping for an individual mold (or like the kind that have 4 cavities)... the kind I have now has a slight taper towards the top. I'm not a very straight cutter so hopefully there are some molds out there. I googled a little but couldn't really find what I'm looking for. Also, ideally a 3-4 ounce bar.

Hope you can help (or someone!) :)

Kelly, the only m&p that I have done is fishies in a bag. There are lots of suppliers that have molds like you are looking for, maybe someone who does m&p will come along with a good supplier. You can always check the classifieds on this board and look on ebay.

I've not seen individual rectangle molds with sharp edges and corners. I have some nice rectangles for MP, but the edges are rounded...probably for comfort in use.

I think the only way you can get what you are looking for is with a log.

I'm not a very straight cutter so I may just have to stick to my tapered rectangle mold even though I hate the taper more than I hate the rounded edges! Grr!!

Everything I find on google is basically the same molds... just at different suppliers. I saw at someone's website, they just had the most beautiful bars of soap and the were uniform, straight edge, no taper, rectangles.

I am looking for the same thing. All the logs are wood.... not the best choice for M & P..... I am looking to mass produce and don't want to deal with lining... anyone out there have any suggestions?

I had this all typed out and then thought it might not work for m&p. Has anyone tried the foam craft sheets to line the wood molds for m&p? I know it works for hp and cp. You could really get sharp edges with this if it would work.

• 4 months later...

I used a silicone bread loaf pan that my mom got me for christmas last year. It made wonderful pumpkin and banana bread, who knew I would ever put soap in it. But it worked great. After 12 hours, I just turned it upside down and the soap loaf came right out. Then just sliced it up. Hope this helps.:yay:

I've been making MP for three yrs and have never come across a cavity mold that didn't have rounded edges, sorry.

Can you post the site where you saw these straight edged bars? If I see them maybe I can tell you if they are cut that way or what. ??

The best way I've found to get straight cuts from a log or slab mold is to have an awesome wire cutter, but since I can't afford one of those, I use a mitre box and a big taping knife-the bars come out very uniform.

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure that a fun foamed lined wooden mold would work for MP soap.

HTH