my flower candles

ayesha

Personally, I don't care for the glitter on them, kinda tacky looking. I think they'd be much prettier without it.

Are they hand made or done with a mold? I'm not too sure about the middle around the wick being so much lower that the outside, likely to just drown the flame, unless they're not meant to be burned. Have you tried burning any yet?

Have you tried painting the tips another color or pouring the tips in another color wax? you know how some roses have different colors running along the tips? I think that would look awesome too.

I just love roses in any shape or form. :)

That must have taken a lot time! I love rose!!! I like the suggestion mentioned above about maybe trying the tips with a different color on a few without glitter just to see how they look. You could also offer the rose in a solid color, some with and some without glitter. Thanks for posting your photos!

the candles are not meant for burning...theyr meant for decoration...

I have a major problem with your statement. Candles are meant for burning. Period. One cannot count on the fact that they MIGHT not be burned and the end product must suit its purpose, to be burned.

Candle: a long, usually slender piece of tallow or wax with an embedded wick that is burned to give light.

It looks like you are having a LOT of fun with your candles! I made some roses a couple of years ago - they sucked bigtime, so I decided that wasn't my forte! Many candles are very decorative by design and yet are still wicked - unless they are gonna explode when lit, I wouldn't worry about whether they fit Webster's definition of a candle. Many candles are simply too lovely for people to burn!:)

That must have taken a lot time! I love rose!!! I like the suggestion mentioned above about maybe trying the tips with a different color on a few without glitter just to see how they look. You could also offer the rose in a solid color, some with and some without glitter. Thanks for posting your photos!

Yes the possibilities with these roses are endless. I think you could have a lot of fun just seeing what you can come up with for color combinations and such. Enjoy!

My first impression was "WOW"...I think the roses are gorgeous....when I make "candles for decoration" I don't use a wick, but a straightened paper clip...in the event someone tries to light it, they aren't going to get very far.

Very creative but if you are going to sell them, and are set on putting a wick, you should put a BIG warning label that says for decoration purpose only...no meant to burn. I have made some time staking decorative candles before thinking they would be crazy to burn them but they have and it was good that I tested them for that....never underestimate peoples desires to burn a candle no matter how pretty it is.