MP rebatch need more bubbles

NamaNama

I rebatched my mp to get more bubbles. Had approx. 2.5 lbs and added 4T coconut oil, 4 T castor oil, 4 T glycerin and just a smitch less than 1/4 c goats milk. Still don't have bubbles. Can I just remelt and add more castor oil? If so how much? Husband likes bubbles when he showers and there just aren't any? Thanks

It's possible that you just won't get any bubbles. I'm not sure what base you are using, but with those additives you should have something if you're going to have any at all. I bet it has a nice creamy lather with the goat milk huh? :) Have you tried this soap with a pouf?

Even most CP soaps that I have tried won't bubble much without a few rounds with a pouf.

Thanks to everyone for your input. Guess I'll just have to chalk this one up to a newbie booboo. The base I was using was from the Chemistry Store and it was with shea butter. Where is the best place to get mp bases? If I start from scratch will I ever be able to get a batch that has bubbles or just creamy lather? My ultimate goal is to do cp but thought I should get comfortable with mp first.

WHOLESUPPLIESPLUS has an excellent silk & shea base, Cust loved it.

I also have fumbled with stephensons base, ( I purchased from another supplier- my customers were so dissappointed at the no lather issue .

I have 4 lbs still and may end up sending it back.

When All my m& p base is used up I am going to be making my own version of shea soap.

Someone here mentioned adding 1 tb of liquid castile soap per pound of M&P to add lather...think I am going to give that a go with a pound and see what happens.:cheesy2:

http://www.sficcorp.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=208

Posted this link in another post about M&P. SFIC is the maker of these soaps and other company's sell their soap. You can only order large quanties from them. This sample pack is nice to mess around with. You could also add some new soap to what you have and try it then. You first need to read out all the info you can on M&P soaping, check out a few book at the library. M&P is fun....

My opinion is that you used too much in additives first off. 4T of each of those just seems like too much. But to salvage it, try adding Dr. Bronner's liquid soap to it. I've gotten great results with it for adding the lather back. It might help this batch, it might not. If it doesn't it's cuz you used too much of each additive. I've found you really don't need to add a whole lot to get a good effect. An addition of about 5% additives to a pound of base is sufficient...based on my experience. Anything over that and you seriously decrease the lather, but you can always add it back with Dr. Bronner's. To me it helps better than coconut or castor oil or even glycerin.

HTH :D