HHHMMM would this work?

Mnhorsemom

I have been wanting to try to make shaving soap, and was wondering if it would work to pour it into jars? I would love to be able to do it in tins and since I don't have a mold for that (and I know I can't pour directly into a tin) I thought maybe into a jar like the ones I have used for my body butters. Think it would work? TIA

Ok, I have to ask.. cuz I really don't know.... why can't you pour directly into a tin? :confused: :embarasse

I would say it is because the corosivness of the lye and the chemical reaction it may have to the tin. But that is just a guess on my part.

A few years back I tried this - The only issue I had was it took a little longer for the soap to cure. I also tried to make "refill" soaps of the same size jar size - that did not work out so well. The soap stuck and I couldn't get it out of the jar ( I did not line or oil the refill jar before, that may make a difference, I do not know). Next time you make a batch of soap just pour one jar and see if that works for you.

I poured CP shave soap into tins. They were the ones from SKS. I coated them all with vaseline but one to see the reactions. None. They've been done 4 weeks and there is no reaction whatsoever. I should've seen a chemical reaction in the first hours I would think, but I didn't see anything.

I don't know why it worked but it did!

Bethany