Masterbuilder Turkey Roaster?

Good morning,

I was wondering if any of you use the MasterBuilder turkey roaster to melt wax in. I wasn't sure how safe it would be to use since the heating coil would be in direct contact with the wax. TIA

You've got to cover the coil with melted wax before you turn it on for the first time. After that if you don't drain the wax and expose the coil, you never have to worry. When turning the unit on after the first time, keep the lid on until the wax is melted through the top surface. When it melts through, it "spits" wax into the air. It will hit the lid it it's in place, otherwise it goes where it wants to go.

Fredron

Be sure to poke your holes BEFORE turning on the unit . . . I have forgotten and poked holes just a few seconds after starting it and a geyser like "Old Faithful" erupts !!!! Ask me how I know . . . :lipsrseal :laugh2:

I really do love mine - it is awesome! :yay:

Thanks so much for all of your comments. I'll go back and read the other posts. I don't think it can be said enough about how great this board is. But, of course it couldn't be great without all of you who willingly share your experience and knowledge. Thanks again.