Zap?

jaybyrd

One of the many items on my "Oo, I wanna try that" list is a salt spa bar. I'd never even HEARD of them until I began browsing the soaping forums, & they sound way cool. Lots of the threads talk about "testing for zap." What the heck is "zap"? Why and how does one test for it?

:confused:

If your soap is lye heavy, you will be a zap when you do a tongue test. You wet your finger, then rub on the surface of the soap until it lathers. Then touch the lather with the tip of your tongue. If it's lye heavy...you will definitely feel the "zap" or a sting. You'll know when you're zapped...it's like sticking your tongue on a 9 volt battery.

I guess we are all just a bunch of Soap Lickers, now aren't we???

I'll admit...IF someone is in the room, I lick my finger, rub it on the soap and then relick my finger. If no one is in the room, i.e. watching, I'm a licker at heart! :laugh2:

Donna

<closet soap licker>

I am a soap licker too! Then I run around the house doing raspberry noise....hubby knows exactly what I did. Guess my mom didnt wash my mouth out with soap enough, that I have to do it now....gosh...who would have thought?

O-kay, folks. Clearly we've just uncovered a whole new level of the soaping obsession.

They lurk behind closed doors, clutching their bars of soap, peering over their shoulders between furtive licks . . .

Precioussss . . .