cutting MP soap?

erinmfritz

I successfully molded pink sugar MP soap into a flower Pampered Chef bread mold without leaking all over, it came out of the mold beautifully, but when I tried to cut it I couldn't get an even cut. I have a wavy vegetable knife and tried that. I love the wavy look but it is too flimsy to cut straight. Tried a regular knife, same uneven result. Any suggestions? I like the look of the flower shape and don't want to give up on it without trying everything. Thanks for any suggestions.

Erin

When I have done M&P in that type of mold I start to push the soap out, get it as far out of the mold as I want the thickness of the soap to be then hold my cutter tight to the mold and cut. I get pretty straight cuts that way.

My MP soaps are almost all logs, and I use a straight edge cutter or a wavy cutter to slice them. It's definitely still possible to cut it crooked, but it does help having a nice wide and deep cutter to use. Some day I will have a log mold that has an end that comes off and then I can do it the way someone else suggested up there.. slide it out a little, cut it perfectly straight.. slide, cut, slide cut lol.. but til then I just cross my fingers and hope that my eyes hold out! ;)

When I have done M&P in that type of mold I start to push the soap out, get it as far out of the mold as I want the thickness of the soap to be then hold my cutter tight to the mold and cut. I get pretty straight cuts that way.

I am using the same as MochaMama, the pampered chef one. I am going to try this technique next, hopefully my blade is not too flimsy for it. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep you posted, maybe I'll go melt some soap right now.