Wholesaling votives! To do, or not to do...

For those of you who have wholesale accounts, do you offer votives, or feel votives are a must have for wholesale accounts? I am getting ready to hit the pavement here in search of wholesale accounts, and am wondering whether to add votives to my wholesale brochure. I have a couple wholesale accounts already, and I must say, votives are very time consuming, and pretty much not worth your time and effort when selling wholesale. So, I am wondering what everyone else thinks and offers. Thanks again for your help!

At my store, I sell alot of votives! Before I had a storefront, I really didn't sell too many. But alot of first time customers will purchase votives and then come back for the big jars. So, I would add them. If the store doesn't want them, then they won't order them, and you won't have to worry. I do have some wholesale accounts that just order the 24 oz candles and one store that orders pretty much every size from t-lites to 24 oz. I do know what you mean about the time in a votive. I have always felt the same way. They ar a PITA.

HTH

Votives- hell no! :P

I have counter top votive display boxes in my stores. What was I thinking?

LOL... too much work and not enough profit, IMO. I am *trying* to wean them out, slowly but surely.

They are a good "try me" type candle.

As long as you are steadfast on the minimums per scent and per order, I wouldn't truly discourage it. Personally, I just don't have that kind of time.

Good luck in your endeavors.