Do any of you have a mailing list...

I am thinking of starting a mailing list. When we go to shows out of town I would set up a clipboard with a printed off sheet for name address, email address, phone, favorite scent, etc.

I was wanting to know if any of you do this already?

I would like to send them info of upcoming shows we will be attending, new scents or any that we are discontinuing.

If I do this would I send it out monthly or every 3 months or what do you think?

I do a monthly newsletter...I send it out every month and let customers know about sales, new items, etc. It's with Constant Contact www.constantcontact.com . You can add people to it or have a sign up on your website (if you have one) and they can join themselves. It's free for 90 days so you can see if you like it, then it starts at $15/month. I love it, my sales definitely went up when I started using it. HTH

I have an email mailing list. The addresses are collected manually by having those who want to opt in email me. I don't send out a regular newsletter, just occasional announcements. (I personally don't like receiving these types of mails, so I keep mine to a minimum.) Having the list is useful so that if I want to announce a new promotion, I have a ready list of people to send it to.

I have an emailing newsletter list, it's the same idea. I send out special notices for sales (which happen very rarely) or new product launches. For instance, when I started selling my candles. I don't do it for new fragrances or anything, and over the last 2 years, I think I've sent out 4 newsletters. I just try to keep it rare, since it's email...if it were snail mail, I would definitely do it more often.

I have one - ppl can sign up on my site or I can manually put them on it. I use Listbuilder from microsoft small business. I make up my newsletters using publisher and send them in listbuilder. I like it because you can have a very professional type of sign up that I include a small survey with. I break it down so that ppl are categorized by what type of acct - retail , whsl. Listbuilder lets me set up the mailing for a future date so I can have the newsletter ready ahead of time and it sends it when I want. It also keeps track of how many go out, how many get opened, how many ppl click the links. I love it but there is a charge - $20 a month. It also has a banner exchange in the pkg that I use too. If you want to see the sign up form and the newsletter pls feel free to visit my site. I have the newsletters archived on the site so that you can see the current and past issues. www.aburningdesire.com.

HTH,

I use to put up a sign on my tables at my market and craft fairs. If they joined my list, I would give them a free bar of soap. Well as you probably figured out, people took advantage of this....I was giving out free bars to everyone and their mother with no return customers.

I no longer put the sign up at my booth. Now when someone asks me where will I be next, I ask them to join the list. I dont give anything in return.

I also have one on my website. I generate more names during shows/markets than I do online.:D

I do a mailing list at shows too. I have a comment card type box, and have a drawing to win a free (something). On the slips, I have name, address, phone, email, comments, and a check box asking if they want to be on the mailing list. I have only ever had a couple that said no. Depending on the size of the show, I change what the free prize is- a dipped bear for big shows, a gift certificate or something else for smaller shows. I usually get a bunch of people sign up that way!