Does this seem right?

No body knows if this is right or which is right??

I have a 3x6 pillar but have a customer that buys them from us but also wants a 6x3 and I want to be able to quote her a price and I am not sure this figure is right. Does anyone know of another calculator.

Ok..........I make up about 4 cups or 32 oz for a 3x6.5 pillar. I like to have a bit extra for topping off after cooling and shrinking. Once I have it done and if I have any left I just melt it and make a tart or votive.

Thanks Indy Girl

I already know about a 3x6 pillar we are looking for a 6x3 pillar wax quantity

Candleman, if you have a 6x3 and can pour one, I would truely appreciate it.

Thanks so much

Dusting off my old geometry hat here...it makes sense to me. The volume in a 3x6 inch cylinder is about half the volume of a 6x3 inch cylinder so that would hold true when it comes to the weight of wax needed.

If we calculate the volume of the mold in square inches rather than weight, it may make more sense:

symbpi4y.gifr2h = V

Here are the mathematical break downs for the cylinder molds in discussion. Notice the difference in the volumes.

3x6 cylinder mold

3.14 X 2.25 X 6 = 42.39 square inches

6x3 cylinder mold

3.14 X 9 X 3 = 84.78 square inches

Hope this helps and doesn't just make things more confusing.

I guess so, just seemed like it would be the same candle turned sideways and should be the same amount of or near the same ounces.

Candleman, damned if I know why they want a 6 x 3 candle.

They carry our 3x6 and 3x3 and wanted a 6x3, it is a big LA Spa...who knows what or why they do or want what they want.....it was strange to me too.