Supplier carrying over 1,000 scents?

Kelly

Does anyone know of one? The largest the scent selection the better! I looked through the links of suppliers (the abbreviations list) and couldn't find one that carried a lot of scents. Or if they did have a lot of scents they seemed not to have a lot of designer type FO's.

(I am already aware of Save On Scents - but they make me nervous because they don't list thier FO's as being "skin safe" or not.)

PM me with your suggestions or reply to the thread! I'm desparate! :yay:

I do perfume oils, spray and candles. And I'm looking for a supplier that has tons of FO's so I don't have to have 20 different suppliers! And I'd want all the FO's to be "hit" not "miss"! :)

I do perfume oils, spray and candles. And I'm looking for a supplier that has tons of FO's so I don't have to have 20 different suppliers! And I'd want all the FO's to be "hit" not "miss"! :)

I don't believe that supplier exists! Good luck in your quest!

Ok, is this better, most people have a good experience with the company and mostly have "hit"'s. :)

As for https://shop.the-common-scents.com/splashPage.hg I believe they are just a distributor for www.saveonscents.com, and my problem with them is that they don't differentiate between skin safe and non-skin safe on thier website. (Unless you buy all cosmetic grade supposedly, but I do candles as well so don't want to have to order twice as many FO's.)

Am I missing something here?? Saveon scents lists all the different grades of oils as well as MSDS sheets with the flash points; information that is vital to candle makers.

View MSDS

u.gif CLICK HERE TO VIEW USEFUL FRAGRANCE SPECIFICATIONS

From what I have seen they have the most extensive list of FO and Designer Types.

Mary Lou

MLJ I'm not really sure what you don't get but I'll try. Manufacturer's grade is for candles and are not necessarily skin safe (verified this with SOS after many many emails). Cosmetic grade is for lotions, perfumes, etc.... So in my case I make both candles and skin products, so, at SOS I would have to buy both cosmetic and manufacturer's grade for different applications. I can't afford to do that! So I'm in need of large suppliers, with huge FO inventory of skin safe and candle FO's.

Sorry I misunderstood you I thought you were looking for a supplier that carried both skin safe and candle safe oils. I didn't understand that you wanted one oil to be both. I know that there are many out there are many that say candle and skin safe. I make both as well however I also have very senstive skin and pay particular attention to the oils I use in my Bath and Body products. I do use seperate FO's for candles and tarts.

Good luck in your search.

MLJ

Kelley, that is the MOST impossible question I have ever seen posted on this board. If there was just one that came close, there would not be "hundreds" of sellers of FO. How long have you been buying FOs?

The closest I could come to one supplier would be BCN. About 50% of my 100 fos I pour (this includes seasonal) come from BCN. Even though some are hit-miss, I think a greater % of theirs are good. But I still have 4 or 5 suppliers I also use and I would not be able to offer my customers what they expect unless I went to them: WSP, BCS, Taylored, Lone Star, DayStar, 1 or 2 fos from ICS and Peaks.

I don't think you will find what you want. Carole

I agree with everyone else. If you have been doing this long enough to be selling, then surely you have realized by now that the perfect supplier does not exist.

I use 7 or 8 suppliers so I can get the best quality oils for my customers. I have had really good luck with most all of my oils from Peak, JS and Ky. They each have really great f/o's but, I may like a particular scent from one place better than the others and vice versa. And sometimes a supplier just doesn't carry everything you are looking for.

I know these aren't the responses you wanted. But I have tried a couple of places who say they have lots of f/o's and they were mostly "miss".

Just my $.02

Jennifer

Carole,

Well it isn't impossible I already received two responses to this post with suppliers who have lots of FO's (I only had a chance to glance at them but they have a lot of oils both safe for skin and candles).

Not that it matters at all but I've been buying for over a year and also get from BCN. But they don't have enough designer fragrances for me. SOS has almost all the FO's BCN has so it's not "impossible" to find just one supplier. And I exaggerate a little, I don't want one supplier, I would like to keep it to 3 good ones. I have about 10 suppliers and to keep shipping costs down I'd like to narrow that list down.

That is all the thread was about, large FO suppliers that I can look into. Nothing more. Maybe I could have been more clear in my original post but several people suggested places with large supplies so it couldn't have been that cryptic.

I agree with everyone else.

Everyone else being bugtussel? I've had several responses to the original post so I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I use 7 or 8 suppliers so I can get the best quality oils for my customers.

Also, I am interested in quality as well.

I know these aren't the responses you wanted. But I have tried a couple of places who say they have lots of f/o's and they were mostly "miss".

No, these really aren't the responses I'm looking for. However, the last sentence here is somewhat helpful, I don't want to waste my time with large FO suppliers if it's going to be a lot of "miss". I guess you are implying that the larger they are the more quality and attention to detail goes down.

Anyway, it was an honest and simple question and I don't need to have people look down thier noses at me. If you don't understand the original post, ask for clarification instead of implying people don't know what they are doing or talking about. I can do the research myself, I was just hoping there was a kind soul or two out there (and there were) who could help by suggesting some places for me to research. Any scent I carry goes through a lengthy testing period and must my needs as well as my customers needs.

As stated in the beginning I mainly desire FO that are both for use in candles and skin safe, so as to reduce my inventory of FO's.

Bugtussle and I weren't the only ones that seemed to think you were on an impossible quest, so did so-soy and candlebuddy. Which is where at least half of your responses have come from.

And I don't think anyone has implied that you don't know what you are doing, we don't know you. You may have just started this business and you may be a seasoned pro, who knows. I was just saying that it doesn't take a person very long being in this business to realize that you can't rely on just one or two suppliers unless you only plan to offer limited scents. Each one offers their own unique scents and may smell totally different than someone else's of the same name.

Maybe you shouldn't post if you are going to become so offended. And maybe if you would ask for Clarification first you wouldn't become so offended so easily.

Jennifer

Does anyone know of one? The largest the scent selection the better! I looked through the links of suppliers (the abbreviations list) and couldn't find one that carried a lot of scents. Or if they did have a lot of scents they seemed not to have a lot of designer type FO's.

(I am already aware of Save On Scents - but they make me nervous because they don't list thier FO's as being "skin safe" or not.)

PM me with your suggestions or reply to the thread! I'm desparate! :yay:

Hi You have your PM turned off so I couldn't send ya a private email

Save on Scents is excellent on both candle and bath and body products! I am an old customer of theirs and love thier FO's They have over 1,500. They do have MSDS sheets and list all of the info for both!

By the way, I buy from 15 FO's suppliers, have been for the last 10 years.

HTH

Carole,

Well it isn't impossible I already received two responses to this post with suppliers who have lots of FO's (I only had a chance to glance at them but they have a lot of oils both safe for skin and candles).

Not that it matters at all but I've been buying for over a year and also get from BCN. But they don't have enough designer fragrances for me. SOS has almost all the FO's BCN has so it's not "impossible" to find just one supplier. And I exaggerate a little, I don't want one supplier, I would like to keep it to 3 good ones. I have about 10 suppliers and to keep shipping costs down I'd like to narrow that list down.

That is all the thread was about, large FO suppliers that I can look into. Nothing more. Maybe I could have been more clear in my original post but several people suggested places with large supplies so it couldn't have been that cryptic.

Geez, and they call me a b****. If such a place existed, believe me, we would all be as happy as flies on crap.

I am already aware of Save On Scents - but they make me nervous because they don't list thier FO's as being "skin safe" or not.)

You must have missed it in your quest to find over 1,000 scents immediately. I would venture to say this FO is skin safe.

What's this?

Select Grade:Manufacturer's (Candles, Soaps, Bath & Body Products, Incense, Potpourri, etc.)...($17.90) Cosmetic (Body Oils, Incense, Bath & Body Products, Potpourri, Oil Burners, etc.)...($17.90)

Well, if you were willing to use 3 or 4 suppliers, why did you ask for 1?? I think one is impossible. I also hold down my list of suppliers to save on shipping, but I find ONE just won't do it. Carole

One NEW large one that I could look into to hopefully eliminate some of the ones I currently have. I didn't realize I would have to write my life story to get an answer to a question.

Hi You have your PM turned off so I couldn't send ya a private email

Save on Scents is excellent on both candle and bath and body products! I am an old customer of theirs and love thier FO's They have over 1,500. They do have MSDS sheets and list all of the info for both!

By the way, I buy from 15 FO's suppliers, have been for the last 10 years.

HTH

Weird I have gotten other PM's. Thanks for the reply/post.